Rocharolla

Anything yellow and blue
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Rocharolla

Post by Radley Rambler »

Well I enjoyed that game - we started brightly and for once took our chances to create an early lead. Eastwood had a bit of a shocker on both goals but he's owed a few and at least it didn't cost us in the end.

Going forward, we looked excellent. Browne was at times unplayable at this level and when he was having a rest, Gavin Whyte scared them. Mackie harassed their back line all night making space for others. He's also starting to knock goals in from 6 yards out which we haven't done since Hemmings left.

Dickie was superb at the back and Hanson appears to have found his position.

Despite a couple of scares at 3-2, we rallied and got the deserved winner which Browne took with some aplomb. He really could and probably should have had a couple more before the end of the game.

Mention for Rochdale, they played some good stuff which contributed to the flow of the game and have something of an ageing gem in Henderson up front. Their budget when compared to ours must be low and I think on that showing they'll be comfortably mid-table.

Roll on Saturday, a nice win at Plymouth and away to Spurs in the 3rd round please.

We won't go up this year but I don't believe we'll be in a relegation fight now, our recent form is pretty good.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re: Rocharolla

Post by OUFC4eva »

I’ve noticed that Hanson looks particularly strong in the air which is a big plus.

He hasn’t looked out of place at fullback. Agree that Browne monstered Dale’s back three
and looked a big threat all game.

We’ve done well to amass 21 points considering where we were six weeks ago.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Rocharolla

Post by Jimski »

Yeah, recent form has been good, but it has mainly been against fellow struggling sides. Can't complain, but it'll be interesting to see how we do in the more difficult three match sequence that is almost upon us (Peterborough, Blackpool, Doncaster - all in the top 8 ).