You're winding me up!

Anything yellow and blue
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re: You're winding me up!

Post by tomoufc »

Radley Rambler wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:46 pm I am genuinely excited by this but not getting carried away until the man himself makes a formal statement........

Perhaps those dark days of trips to Droylesden, St. Albans, Grays, Hayes & Yeading etc. might just have been worth it after all. Where was I when we were sh*t, see the aforementioned!
Jesus - I've just remembered that I was at Hayes and Yeading too and we lost. Did Steve Basham get sent off?
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

tomoufc wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:28 pm
Radley Rambler wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:46 pm I am genuinely excited by this but not getting carried away until the man himself makes a formal statement........

Perhaps those dark days of trips to Droylesden, St. Albans, Grays, Hayes & Yeading etc. might just have been worth it after all. Where was I when we were sh*t, see the aforementioned!
Jesus - I've just remembered that I was at Hayes and Yeading too and we lost. Did Steve Basham get sent off?
I went to a lot of those dark days games too. You have to experience the lows to fully appreciate the highs.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I think it was worse than that! Didn't he score against us? TWICE!

I sold my ticket for the next away game at Eastbourne about 10 minutes before the final whistle on the strength of that!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Hog wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:03 am
I think it was worse than that! Didn't he score against us? TWICE!
Yeah Basham was playing (and scoring) for Hayes by then. Someone was sent off - Matt Green maybe? It was the second time they’d beaten Us in less than a month. And we still got promoted!
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

βasham scored twice aɡainst us before half time in our home ɡame, then was taken off to a handsome ovation from our fans. That game seemed a real low point, but wasn't long before Wembley!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Yes, he scored four goals against us in three weeks in March/April 2010 to deprive us of six points yet is still remembered affectionately by United supporters! Nice chap though despite everything!
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Dannie Bulman is still playing some nine years later at 40, and scored a cracker for Crawley which is nominated for L2 goal of the month.