recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: You're winding me up!

Post by recordmeister »

I go back to my previous point here:

If Tiger

A) found unforeseen costs, then he didn’t do his due diligence properly

And/or

B) hasn’t account for VAT (and I run my own business and know that the + Vat bit of any invoice isn’t mine)

both of which endanger the jobs of staff at the club and the business as a whole, then it goes to show that he is not a fit and proper person to run a football club, let alone a business.

Even I know these basics of running a UK business and I’m nowhere near being in a position to own a football club.

Ergo, you have to question on both counts if Tiger is a fit and proper person to run Oxford United.

If nothing else, and I hope (but guess he doesn’t) reads this: he, his players and his manager have brought shame on himself, his family and the football club.

- He has been late on paying money owed to our Government and therefore costing you and I, as tax payers, fees in trying to recover that money.

- His manager has constantly embarrassed the club most recently by telling the players to refund fans, and has a team in the bottom four of L1, which made the national press

- He has a player who was caught ‘masterbating in the street’ (I quote the Times here for reference of quite how embarrassing that was).

I hope this collection of embarrasing incidents, each of which bring shame on Tiger, means more to him in real terms that any debit issues around the club.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Concerning language used this morning by Niall M - 'there may be some bumps in the road ahead'. Could mean a number of things but hardly reassuring given recent financial issues........
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Radley Rambler wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:30 am Concerning language used this morning by Niall M - 'there may be some bumps in the road ahead'. Could mean a number of things but hardly reassuring given recent financial issues........
I think the worst comment, in relation to potential financial difficulties, was “But we will deal with them as we have done so far.”

So, take the club to the brink again?!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

This link has just appeared on Exiles FB ...

https://www.republika.co.id/berita/en/n ... -pay-debts

I have no idea whether this is good, bad or indifferent?
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

This may be caused by Firoka rather than the club but......

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1097522703173595136

That'll be four of them then.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

I have no confidence in the Chairman.

These things are easy to resolve. Just pay your bloody bills on time.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

One thing I don't understand is that I didn't get the usual news alert for the winding-up petition, which trawls the UK courts feed. So the first three I got an alert about a day after the court petition was issued. I believe the process then is that there is a period of time of at least seven days before it gets advertised in the London Gazette.

So how did the Oxford Mail "see a document"? Or is this Kassam piggybacking on the earlier WUP?
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Isn’t the winding up order from Kassam due to be heard today?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

recordmeister wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:35 pm Isn’t the winding up order from Kassam due to be heard today?
Yep. I believe that he was trying to piggyback on the last HMRC petition but, as that didn't reach the Gazette, that wasn't allowed. The question is whether Kassam knew this and it was just a public shot across the bows, or whether it was a genuine attempt to serve a WUP. I suspect it was the former - this time.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Myles Francis wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:00 pm
recordmeister wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:35 pm Isn’t the winding up order from Kassam due to be heard today?
Yep. I believe that he was trying to piggyback on the last HMRC petition but, as that didn't reach the Gazette, that wasn't allowed. The question is whether Kassam knew this and it was just a public shot across the bows, or whether it was a genuine attempt to serve a WUP. I suspect it was the former - this time.
I’m confused - if Kassam’s attempt to piggyback a WUP ‘wasn’t allowed’, how can it have been ‘due to be heard today’?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Kernow Yellow wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:09 pm
I’m confused - if Kassam’s attempt to piggyback a WUP ‘wasn’t allowed’, how can it have been ‘due to be heard today’?
The original HMRC petition which was lodged on 11th Feb was due to be heard yesterday. The debt was settled before the petition was published in the Gazette, so it lapses at that point. The dates were as set by that HMRC petition, not by Firoka's attempt to join it.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Myles Francis wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:38 am
Kernow Yellow wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:09 pm
The original HMRC petition which was lodged on 11th Feb was due to be heard yesterday. The debt was settled before the petition was published in the Gazette, so it lapses at that point. The dates were as set by that HMRC petition, not by Firoka's attempt to join it.
Ok cheers. But if a) Kassam never managed to join a WUP and b) the petition had already lapsed before yesterday, I struggle to see how the answer to recordmeister’s question was ‘yep’!
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Number 5 now landed!

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/17550 ... ds-firoka/

What's most worrying is that this feels like BAU which it really, really shouldn't. Will the club make a statement on this, will they b*llocks.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Radley Rambler wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:10 pmWill the club make a statement on this, will they b*llocks.
They have:

https://www.witneygazette.co.uk/sport/1 ... -petition/
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

That statement is simply embarrassing.