https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/so ... eague-one/

Not looking good. 60% chance / probability of relegation already
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Robinson Out

Post by Dr Bob »

Gobbo Robbo does it again:
https://www.witneygazette.co.uk/sport/1 ... vin-whyte/

KRs recent post-match interviews have had me laughing, despairing, and wanting to play cliche bingo. Reading through what KR said about Whyte, and O'Neill's response, however just got me angry - very angry. The arrogance and ignorance of what KR said is just staggering. And what must Whyte be thinking? If KR wanted to alienate one of the very few bright sparks this season, he is going about it the right way.

Is it my imagination or is he seriously losing the plot? Somehow he seems to be finding new ways to outdo his previous outbursts every week. He is an utter embarrassment to our football club.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

I hadn't seen this and the 31 comments and counting are interesting - not one of them supporting KR. Even if we win on Saturday, I really hope he goes - he's just embarrassing.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Well I think I was quite supportive in my post and suggested the fault of where we are was the lack of a fit good striker. We saw on Sat what a difference one of those can make. Given that we missed out on at least one target in this area and Robinson wasn't allowed to sign Maynard (more goals in 4 games than our entire strike force) than perhaps the blame for where we are isn't entirely down to him.

Yes he can talk for England, but his interviews are clearly of a man who is under pressure and as such the stress is showing. We have played a lot of the teams at the top of the division and now have a run of teams in and around us. If these are as comfortable as Plymouth was we should start climbing the table. Judge him when we have the players back and fit. Getting rid now would be premature as it would have been getting rid of Apps after Cambridge away.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

ty cobb wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:11 pm Well I think I was quite supportive in my post and suggested the fault of where we are was the lack of a fit good striker. We saw on Sat what a difference one of those can make. Given that we missed out on at least one target in this area and Robinson wasn't allowed to sign Maynard (more goals in 4 games than our entire strike force) than perhaps the blame for where we are isn't entirely down to him.

Yes he can talk for England, but his interviews are clearly of a man who is under pressure and as such the stress is showing. We have played a lot of the teams at the top of the division and now have a run of teams in and around us. If these are as comfortable as Plymouth was we should start climbing the table. Judge him when we have the players back and fit. Getting rid now would be premature as it would have been getting rid of Apps after Cambridge away.
I was referring to the 31 comments in the Witney Gazette article, none of which were supportive.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

ty cobb wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:11 pm We have played a lot of the teams at the top of the division and now have a run of teams in and around us. If these are as comfortable as Plymouth was we should start climbing the table.
This is key. I'm pretty sure the next few games won't be as comfortable as Saturday (when the worst team in the league played so badly that they've publicly apologised to their fans for the performance). But we need to make some serious hay in the coming weeks - near enough 2 ppg between now and the end of November, given the relative kindness of the fixture list - to make me believe that Robinson can get us out of trouble.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Our poor start is still everyone else's fault but Robinson's:

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2018- ... st-oxford/
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Kernow Yellow wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:50 pm Our poor start is still everyone else's fault but Robinson's:

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2018- ... st-oxford/
God he's so annoying.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

What excuse will he use if he needs one tomorrow? I don't think he's mentioned the fence end yet but presumably he'll keep that up his sleeve and blame the orange shirts ...