Our Manager's disciplinary record

Anything yellow and blue
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Our Manager's disciplinary record

Post by Radley Rambler »

Looks like our manager has a bit of form here - section 3.3 onwards on page 14 makes interesting reading.

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/...r ... ashx?la=en
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Our Manager's disciplinary record

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Link seems broken, RR - any chance of reposting or of quoting / summarising the relevant passage(s)?
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Ta. The whole thing makes for interesting reading, and KR does not come out of it well. If he was a model of professionalism now, I'd probably just say that it's in the past and raking over it does no-one any good. However, his continued barracking of officials and sustained penchant for "industrial language" (as the report notes) suggests he's not learnt much or mellowed much in the intervening years.

KR is more-or-less the same age as me. If I acted in work like he does, I'd be sacked tomorrow.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

He's clearly been to the Steve Evans School of Relationships....
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Thanks RR.

This is pretty disgusting behaviour by KR. Personally, I'm very intolerant of references to race when used in an abusive context, and I disagree with the FA on this, I believe it to be racist language. Obviously without knowing KR personally, or having been present at the incident, it is difficult to identify if there was any intent. Let's hope not.

On the issue of his behaviour generally, the picture that is emerging does not add any positives to his coaching or professional prowess.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Well, French people are not generally seen as a different race, though our man doesn’t exactly come out of it well. All will be forgotten if we can manage couple of wins
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Robinson is an embarrassment during and after games and also seems to have briefed his deputies to cover him during games to spread the cards. They must stop it now. Having listened to guilty people lying* for a 30 year career I find the explanation that bench was misheard as French laughable (although I have heard defence lawyers try worse!).

*I heard a lot of innocent people tell the truth too!
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Werthers Original wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:29 pm Well, French people are not generally seen as a different race, though our man doesn’t exactly come out of it well. All will be forgotten if we can manage couple of wins
Why do you think that French people cannot be subjected to racist abuse? Racism isn't an issue of "species" for want of a better phrase. It's not all about the 1970s style banana throwing.

All nationalities can be subject of racist attacks. English being abusive to Scots, or vice versa, can be just as racist as use of the word "nigger". Apologies if specific use of the term offends anyone. Colour, if indeed that was what you were alluding to, is only part of the problem.