When...

Anything yellow and blue
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

When...

Post by recordmeister »

...to sound like Dan, do we start to panic?
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Re: When...

Post by Werthers Original »

For years now we’ve been unable to deal with cynical bullies like Fleetwood, who succeeded in breaking up play so much that it was scarcely a football match. So nothing new there. We’re struggling with fitness and cohesion, whereas they seemed to have the same bruisers as last year. However, how can they have so many good forwards that they can afford to leave McAleny out? Why do we sign injured players? Does anyone understand the formation? What is Mackie for?
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Not yet but we need improved full-backs (Norman anyone?), a much improved midfield which hopefully Hanson can bolster, proper wingers played on the correct side as even I can see that Hall will cut in every single time, the ability to get crosses in on a widened pitch and I still think we need a striker.

We also need a lot more desire. I went to watch Angers v Nimes in the French Ligue 1 last night which was a cracking match. Angers were 3-1 up after 60ish minutes and cruising. Nimes then got one back in the 77th minute but had a man sent off in the 79th. Many teams would have given up but they got on the front foot and scored two more to snatch the points - cue much hand gesticulating and booing at the final whistle from the home fans.

Spare a thought for the 100 or so away fans that turned up. Yes they would have been buzzing but they had a 532 mile trip back to Nimes that my sat nav calculated would take them until 6.30am without any stops! Barnsley seems nearby in comparison.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Oh they’ve got more fans than Fleetwood then
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Not yet, not for a long time. 9 league matches in gives a good indication of where a team is likely to end up. However, given the number of new additions, the number of young players who will take time to get used to the pace and our two best players being out injured (awful luck), even if we're still struggling after 9 games I wouldn't panic.

When a new team and manager struggles even more important that the fans don't panic and stick behind them. We have enough options in this squad to do ok, just need to get a settled first 11 playing well.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

9? Normally people say after 10 games. Wondering where you plucked 9 from? :lol: