Not one of our own

Anything yellow and blue
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Not one of our own

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Canice Carroll has been sold to Brentford for an undisclosed fee.

Good business IMHO as he has not performed well for a long time and allegedly has had off field attitude problems.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Not one of our own

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

There's a debate to be had about whether he should have been in contention for the starting XI. For me, I'd have said he's good enough and versatile enough to be challenging for either the right-back or a defensive midfield spot. But if the manager doesn't rate him (because of ability, attitude, whatever) and we can get a decent wedge for him (and a sell-on clause, given how Brentford operate), then it's a no-brainer. Better to have money in the bank for someone the manager rates than dead weight.

But - and it's a big but - the pressure is then on KR to replace him and strengthen the squad with the money he's got. And, as time of writing, we have just under four hours in which to do that if we don't want a squad overly-reliant on kids and loanees.

Tick tock.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re: Not one of our own

Post by Radley Rambler »

Kairdiff Exile wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:08 pm There's a debate to be had about whether he should have been in contention for the starting XI. For me, I'd have said he's good enough and versatile enough to be challenging for either the right-back or a defensive midfield spot. But if the manager doesn't rate him (because of ability, attitude, whatever) and we can get a decent wedge for him (and a sell-on clause, given how Brentford operate), then it's a no-brainer. Better to have money in the bank for someone the manager rates than dead weight.

But - and it's a big but - the pressure is then on KR to replace him and strengthen the squad with the money he's got. And, as time of writing, we have just under four hours in which to do that if we don't want a squad overly-reliant on kids and loanees.

Tick tock.
With Holmes and Hanson now signed, I think he's done that.

I'd heard a few interesting snippets about CC off the field and so good luck to him but a move away from his mates might not be a bad idea.