Summer news

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: Summer news

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Werthers Original wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:11 pm
I'm not sure I agree. The 'three animals' look is a bit of a design car crash, in my view. But the main logo does look good.
Not the most animals on a football shirt though apparently (even if they do think our lion is a dragon):

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ls-on-them
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

We can't even win at that - I blame the Manager - Robinson out!
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Nice picture of our former captain!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

The special edition anniversary kit doesn't have quite as many animals on - and we've made the national press for apparently passing off standard Puma teamware as a bespoke item:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 97641.html
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Yes, a blatant rip off and no mistake! Tacky and devoid of class - who on earth thought this was a good idea? By all means recreate the old shirt - and with Tiger's connections that should be easy enough and relatively inexpensive - but at least use appropriate material and style, not the modern shiny stuff ... and with NO Puma logo.

Will it really sell out? Anyone who buys that tat is a lunatic. FACT! ;-)
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

A really good idea, I thought, to create a new shirt for this one-off, but the club have made a right dog's dinner of this.

When I clicked on the picture of the shirt I was quite excited, what with Christmas and a son's birthday coming up, but £75 for that shirt is a total joke.

Were it £75 for a TOFFs-esque cotton style shirt, it would be acceptable-ish, but for a piece of Puma generic kit, ridiculous.

What a wasted opportunity.

This is how they resolve it:

Get the £75 numbered shirts signed and framed, and then sell them.

Then produce a really attractively priced, non-numbered, non-limited edition version and sell it at a really attractive price, how about £21.25?

I'd buy one. Yes, it's not 'traditional' material or look, but I quite liked it. But did I £75 like it? No. Not one bit.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Dan- couldn’t agree more and i’d be happy to pay £21.25 for the £8 shirt with sewn on OUFC bits and allow 125 folk to pay more for the premium product. I’m going to email the club with this idea to see if they take it on board.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Radley Rambler wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:21 pm Dan- couldn’t agree more and i’d be happy to pay £21.25 for the £8 shirt with sewn on OUFC bits and allow 125 folk to pay more for the premium product. I’m going to email the club with this idea to see if they take it on board.
Slightly disappointing lack of response from the club on this. I emailed them too this morning.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Here's Leyton Orient doing the same thing, but a whole lot better:

https://orient.clubstore.co.uk/lo-10516-4th-jsy-18-19
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

This "replica" shirt thing is a scandal.

The club could easily have teamed up with Toffs to produce a proper replica, in the correct material and colour with the correct badge on. Hot cakes they would have sold like. No need for limited editions.

Instead the club has created its own PR downfall out of pure greed.

Very very disappointed.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

For sure greed is involved, but what makes me so angry is the arrogance. In the Plymouth programme Tiger wrote:

"Actually, I don’t know if I need to ask that because the support has been fantastic all season both at home and away. You travel in numbers, you encourage and try to drive the team forward and we could not ask for more from our fans."

Asking £75 for an £8 shirt plus badge is asking a lot more. It assumes we would not spot or not be bothered by the poor quality of the shirt compared a proper HUFC replica. It assumes also that nobody would spot the fact that this is an £8 shirt in the first place.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Matt Everett responded to me yesterday with the majority of what is now on the OWS so fair play to him in terms of communication and good to see that there will be other retro products for sale at a more palatable price point.

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/octobe ... al-update/
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

So if they've been let down big time by a major manufacturer of retro shirts let us know who it was and we as individuals can avoid them in the future if we want to. Does he mean they won't be supplying their retro shirts for this weekend or forever? Can we still get them in time for the pagan festival at the end of the year?