Blackburn

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Blackburn

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Well, that was fun and games! One of the best atmospheres I've known in a football ground. Fantastic turn out from the yellow army for a meaningless match. The early pitch invasion was obviously farcical, and the scenes between some of their drunker fans and our players were very disappointing. I was glad we were in an upper tier well away from the pitch-side nonsense or it could have got quite hairy. As it was it ended up as mostly harmless fun.

The game itself was pretty irrelevant, but we came close to spoiling their party. Actually for large periods I was disappointed with our approach, sitting back too deep, pressing ineffectually, and doing not a lot on the rare occasions we got to the final third. But when we got our act together it made for an entertaining spectacle.

Eastwood made some great saves (including the penalty), but misjudged a couple of crosses - not for the first time this season.
The defence coped reasonably with everything thrown at them, though the manner of the first goal was very disappointing.
Midfield was less impressive. I've seen Brannagan a few times now, and he's certainly no Ledson yet (let alone the Lundstram figure we lack) - hopefully he'll develop with more first-team football.
I felt sorry for Obika, who was pretty isolated up top, but he and Napa are not the future as a strike partnership!

Hey ho, I imagine the team will have a different look next season, even if the Ledson saga doesn't look like ending soon.

See you all next season...