Retained list

Anything yellow and blue
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Retained list

Post by Dr Bob »

Kairdiff Exile wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:35 am Doesn't that still constitute a demotion for Chris Allen though? Gone from coaching the first team to coaching the kids.
He came from the 'kids' as he was previously youth team coach. The status of the Under-23s is very different, seen (as I understand it) as a much more robust feeder system for the 1st team. See KRs previous comments on the need for an Under-23 set-up for the club to survive in the Championship. Also, being 'in charge' suggests to me more than just coaching per se.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Not sure I'm convinced, TBH - but if Chris Allen is happy with the change, then fair enough.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Back to the original thread:

Sam Long has signed a new (presumably one-year) deal:

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/oxfor ... _contract/

Kane Hemmings has signed for Notts County:

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/oxfor ... ts_County/
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Sam Long is an odd one - I'm not really sure he has done enough to justify a contract, but I guess he's on a fairly low wage for the division.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Jimski wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:44 pm Sam Long is an odd one - I'm not really sure he has done enough to justify a contract, but I guess he's on a fairly low wage for the division.
Long's always looked ok when I've seen him - and pretty good at times. He's been unlucky with injuries hasn't he? As you say, fairly low risk to keep him on for another year to see if he can push on...
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

It would be nice to think that Long and Carroll could tie down a place between them, or at least could fill the backup spots for across the defensive line. Both have been talked about as moving into defensive midfield in the longer term, so maybe this is the season where they actually start to make that transition
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Kairdiff Exile wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 3:48 pm I wondered whether we'd hear Kelleher's name mentioned any time soon - a quick scan of the Solihull Moors forum the other day (yes yes, too much time on my hands) suggests he has very much failed to set the world alight there. His contract runs until summer 2019 though, so I'd imagine he'll either be farmed out on loan again or paid off.
Kelleher gets a season-long loan to newly-promoted Macclesfield Town:

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/june/f ... d-on-loan/

Maybe his signing will prove to have been an astute one after all...
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

I assume Ricardinho isn't coming back.

His details have been removed from the 1st team squad on the official site and he hasn't been on the Ireland trip.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Birmingham are interested in signing Ricardinho.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

It’s not what you know, it’s who