Rochdale

Anything yellow and blue
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Rochdale

Post by Jimski »

I've seen fewer matches than usual this season - this will only be my 9th home match of the season - but I've yet to see us win at home. (Luckily I have seen two away wins.) To be honest though, I'd take the point that sees us mathematically safe.
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Rochdale

Post by Geoff »

Did anybody else watch Mous' penalty and think 'Paul Moody'?
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

I couldn't watch it - was fairly sure it was gonna go over the bar!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Jimski wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:08 pm I couldn't watch it - was fairly sure it was gonna go over the bar!
Is that because you tend not to watch any Oxford spotkicks or was it because Mousinho was spotting the ball up ?

Penalties this season:

Marvin Johnson vs Cheltenham (League Cup) SAVED (but followed up the rebound to score).

Ryan Ledson vs Walsall SCORED

Ryan Ledson vs Rotherham SAVED

Ryan Ledson vs Plymouth (a) SCORED

Jack Payne vs MK Dons (Checkatrade) SCORED

Jack Payne vs Doncaster Rovers SAVED

Alex Mowatt v Portsmouth (a) MISSED

James Henry vs Scunthorpe SCORED

John Mousinho vs Rochdale SCORED

Todd Kane vs Rochdale SCORED
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Geoff wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:48 pm Did anybody else watch Mous' penalty and think 'Paul Moody'?
Yup. Followed by "Pick that one out"! On RadOx after, KR said that he had taken penalties previously, and in pressure situations. Had I known that beforehand, I would not have been so concerned as he placed the ball...Judging by KRs body-language, I am not sure he was impressed when Kane stepped up to take the second. Still, all's well that quotes cliches.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

OUFC4eva wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:24 pm
Jimski wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:08 pm I couldn't watch it - was fairly sure it was gonna go over the bar!
Is that because you tend not to watch any Oxford spotkicks or was it because Mousinho was spotting the ball up ?
It's because it was Mousinho - I had zero faith in his ability to score a penalty. Have to admit it was a good one though.