Posh Result!

Anything yellow and blue
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Posh Result!

Post by Geoff »

Enjoyed the game on Saturday, despite the cold. Effective change of system caught Peterborough cold as well. Good effort by all the players and we deserved the three points. I'm glad Faz has gone out on a high (assuming he does). It makes such a difference when the players start at a higher tempo. Let's be honest, we rode our luck a couple of times at the back but that shouldn't detract from a much improved performance. Henry and Dickie, even without their goals, both performed really well and Brannagan is starting to look the part.

A few random points.
I'm pleased we don't have Evans at the helm.
I'm worried to see that Westley is available again. :cry:
I don't enjoy time wasting even when we're the beneficiaries. And no, that's not my idea of game management.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Posh Result!

Post by YF Dan »

Funny thing is, when you like at that team, on paper or on grass, it's not bad at all. Certainly not relegation fodder.

I think Henry has been woefully underused. Every time I've seen him play this year, he's been our most creative player (small sample admittedly). I'd like to know his goals per minute stats ... I reckon they'd be good.

I like a 4-4-2 and I think the players do too. They know what their role is. Good to see Dickie starting to come good. Him and Nelson would be a decent combo.

Hope the new manager, if it ever happens, builds on this base.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Re: Posh Result!

Post by Werthers Original »

In retrospect Henry has been misused or underused, as has Rothwell. And Ledson was on the bench for Wigan! I'd always have Gino and Ricardinho on the bench too, they are unconventional but can add something. I guess with so many new players and a new manager (now gone) it takes time to take stock of what you've got.