Grumpy old git

Kane

Post by Hog »

What a complete idiot.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Kane

Post by YF Dan »

Really worrying interview, if that's what you are referring to, on so many levels.

1) He'll get a ban for that. He knows it. I doubt he cares.

2) How has our media team let that car crash interview happen? The club is rudderless.

3) It was all about him. The injustice upon him, not the team. If it's true, as Nathan suggested, he kept telling the ref to send him off, I don't care if he never plays for us again. I want people who are ready to do whatever to win the match, not get in a childish sulk when a ref makes a poor decision. No ref deliberately makes a balls up. Mistakes happen, and he had the decency to own up to it. What did Kane want him to do? Invent a time machine and go back and reverse the decision?

4) His tweet. "Buzzing to get another goal but feeling totally robbed we walked away with nothing. Distraught 😡" Oh the classic buzzing/distraught paradox. 'Buzzing to get the insurance, but distraught about the chainsaw incident'.

5) He still has no idea of the danger we're in. None whatsoever. 'If we're daan the bottom with a few games to go then we'll start showing what we're about' seemed to be the gist of it.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Yes, all of that AND the fact that he criticised Buckley-Ricketts for not passing it straight to him rather than taking his own shot which Kane had to tidy up for him, but the outrageous threat to 'do' the referee if he ever saw him in the street was ... well words fail me!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

For anyone who hasn't heard it the Kane 'interview starts at 25:00

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05zm1y0
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Oh dear.

Its not good is it. Not sure he'll get to don an Oxford shirt again.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

OtmoorYellow wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:41 am Oh dear.

I'd say this would be an over-reaction. He's young, naive, possibly a bit hot-headed. He probably said what most of the fans were thinking. He'll get a charge and a fine, will doubtless be spending more hours than he'd like in a dreary office somewhere being given extensive media training by the PFA and/or Chris Williams, but it's hardly crime of the century. On the pitch, he's looked like a good player who has a bit of spirit about him, and I sincerely hope we don't excommunicate him for one silly interview.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Kairdiff Exile wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:06 am
OtmoorYellow wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:41 am Oh dear.

I'd say this would be an over-reaction. He's young, naive, possibly a bit hot-headed. He probably said what most of the fans were thinking. He'll get a charge and a fine, will doubtless be spending more hours than he'd like in a dreary office somewhere being given extensive media training by the PFA and/or Chris Williams, but it's hardly crime of the century. On the pitch, he's looked like a good player who has a bit of spirit about him, and I sincerely hope we don't excommunicate him for one silly interview.
How is it an over reaction?

I didn’t say he should be kicked out. I was expressing a view that those in positions of power are likely to take a very dim view of the comments.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

OY - my point is that it'd be an over-reaction if he was never given another chance to play for us again because of one crass interview. He's shown more than enough in his few appearances so far to suggest he has potential.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Kairdiff Exile wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:30 am OY - my point is that it'd be an over-reaction if he was never given another chance to play for us again because of one crass interview. He's shown more than enough in his few appearances so far to suggest he has potential.
Apologies, I mis-read your post and for some reason read "is" instead of "would"!