Wow

Anything yellow and blue
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Wow

Post by YF Dan »

Now, that really was a special, special performance.

To overcome the loss of Thomas before KO; to lose Obika, who was having a great game up front on his own; to play an hour with a youth team winger alone up front; to put aside a fortnight of speculation about certain player's futures (special mentions to Lego and Rothwell who were both immense); to come back twice from giving silly goals away; to have a back four who have never played together; to not have a manager after two weeks after sacking the previous incumbent; and to not just equalise late on, but then to just keep on pressing for the winner... that's right up there as one of my favourite away games ever (Crewe (a) 1996 and Carlisle away a couple of seasons ago still just on top).

Huge praise to all the team, but further mentions to:
Rothwell - massive, massive performance.
Lego - great character and great finish.
Henry - turned the game when he came on. Not quite sure why the fans don't like him.
Napa - bloody great effort. Some good touches and chased everything.
Buckley Ricketts - always a threat and his shot that hit the post would have sealed the move of the season.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Wow

Post by Boogie »

Wow Indeed.

The energy we showed was a pleasure to watch.

I'd like to mention Faz, as I am sure a lot will be said about the players and the beer at the Market Porter is also likely to get a mention elsewhere..

He set up a team very well against a good side, blending in the new loanees.

He had faith in Napa to lead the line when Obika went off.

Trying sub Ricardinho as LM created the second goal.

The other key sub change was Henry, what an impact and can see him playing off Obika or Thomas.

Just watched the interview with Faz. He speaks so well and obviously has a deep understanding of the game. Did Pep not listen? I expect that Mapp did.

I would not be upset if we just left Chrissie Allen in there to learn the ropes under Faz for a while and have some continuity.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re: Wow

Post by OUFC4eva »

YF Dan wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:01 pm Now, that really was a special, special performance.

To overcome the loss of Thomas before KO; to lose Obika, who was having a great game up front on his own
Agree about big Jon Obika - he was doing great on his own up front and was unlucky with the 25 yard strike that struck
post and crossbar. I noticed, though, that he wasn't moving freely and looked troubled after about 20 minutes.
He clearly has a hamstring problem which has been going on for many months now. He's been playing with strapping
under his shorts for many weeks.