that back pass

Anything yellow and blue
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

that back pass

Post by Werthers Original »

So imagine Tiendalli didn't make that back pass but instead hoofed it forward rather than skewing it back. We would have won the match and Pep would surely not have been sacked. Almost up there with Brock's.

I remember in Appleton's first season we'd lost shambolically at home to Southend after leading, The next week we were at home to Exeter and he changed it round, bringing in Josh Ashby and O'Dowda. We played better but were losing with a few minutes to go when he brought on James Roberts, who promptly scored a late equalizer. Had we lost Appleton would very likely have been sacked. On such margins are careers built or lost.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Re: that back pass

Post by OtmoorYellow »

The difference between MApp and Pep is that MApp inherited a poor squad and made it good, whereas Pep inherited a good squad and made it bad, albeit in fairness to Pep the summer sales and injuries played a big part too.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: that back pass

Post by Dr Bob »

Werthers Original wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:31 pm So imagine Tiendalli didn't make that back pass but instead hoofed it forward rather than skewing it back.
Or - imagine we had defended the subsequent throw-in adequately. Why is it that quite so many 'individual defensive errors' are being made, so frequently? According to post-match interviews with several players recently, they have been told repeatedly to attack the second ball, but yet again this did not happen. I find it hard to believe that so many of our players are so individually hopeless that they simply cannot learn such lessons. So what exactly has been going on - in training, behind the scenes, etc? Which brings me back to the point that I suspect quite a few of us are at - that this is not just about results, probably not even just about performances.