Pep Booted

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: Pep Booted

Post by Kernow Yellow »

This article in the Oxford Mail sums the situation up nicely.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

This decision baffles me. In Apps first season we were in a far worse position but he was given time to turn it around. We've won 3 of our last 5 games and lost 2. Yes Bury was awful but they had a new manager to impress. Our league position is higher than I would expect given:

- this is Peps first season as a manager at this level
- our injuries which have been horrific
- our budget, which given our net sales is massively down on last year
- the lack of time to bring in players over the summer
- the uncertainty behind the scenes which has been dragging on for ages now

One really grates though is the reaction of some of our "fans" in the lead up to and after this sacking. It has really demonstrated just what a bunch of morons some of our supporters are. The whole point of being a supporter is that you get behind the team when it is faced with difficult circumstances. Our lot seem to be upset that we aren't in the play off spaces and that Pep can't speak perfect English (although he speaks it better than some of the foul mouthed idiots I've heard at matches of late).

I hope Pep can put this behind him and get something else quickly - he deserved the chance to see it through, potentially go further than MAPP did by winning at Wembley and giving the second half of the season a real go with some returning players.

The next appointment will tell us a lot about how interested Eales is in OUFC.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

All good points, but I agree with what has been said earlier: It is hard to get behind your team, if the team (and it seems the back room staff too) aren't getting behind the manager. I'm supporting the team (the team being those working in/on/at the training ground each day and on the pitch each weekend), but the team don't seem to be supporting the manager.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Kernow Yellow wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:27 am This article in the Oxford Mail sums the situation up nicely.
What a good article!

I can't blame Eales for keeping his mouth shut and keeping his distance from the club - he only ever gets asked if he's selling and when. Maybe a certain organisation should make more effort with the actual owner rather than fluttering their eyelashes at all the pie-in-the-sky future suitors?