MemorOx

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

MemorOx

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I've re-launched MemorOx on a new platform and domain, for it's original purpose regarding Oxford United and Headington United football programmes and memorabilia.

The MemorOx programmes database, which I have researched, produced and maintained over the last 12 years or so, aims to identify every matchday 1st XI programme ever produced for Oxford United and Headington United, as well as a lot of information regarding related memorabilia. The database, which is in the form of an online multi-spreadsheet workbook, has had a lot of work done to it recently to bring it right up to date.

The site also lists some of my spare programmes that I have for sale, although that section is very much in its infancy, so please bear with.

If you have an interest in programmes and memorabilia, please do take a look.

www.memorox.co.uk
Last edited by GodalmingYellow on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Programmes

Post by YF Dan »

I have a mountain of old programmes, Raging Bulls and of course, lots and lots of Yellow Fevers taking up valuable clutterspace and annoying my wife at the moment.

I keep meaning to give them to Ox Vox to flog, but because I a) don't drive and b) live in North London, the idea of lumping them all the way to the Kass on public transport doesn't appeal.

Any OxVoxers or OUFC fan who lives in London fancy collecting them one day?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re: MemorOx

Post by GodalmingYellow »

YF Dan wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:17 pm I have a mountain of old programmes, Raging Bulls and of course, lots and lots of Yellow Fevers taking up valuable clutterspace and annoying my wife at the moment.

I keep meaning to give them to Ox Vox to flog, but because I a) don't drive and b) live in North London, the idea of lumping them all the way to the Kass on public transport doesn't appeal.

Any OxVoxers or OUFC fan who lives in London fancy collecting them one day?
I can take them off your hands, but if you want them to go to OxVox/12thMan you need to talk to Michael North.
Last edited by GodalmingYellow on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

MemorOx

Post by OtmoorYellow »

The www.memorox.co.uk programmes and memorabilia database has been updated to reflect the latest research. Literally hundreds of updates again!
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2018/august ... rogrammes/
So the club are now doing slightly different versions of the match day programme, with different covers, and tailored content for the away fans.

Any thoughts?
Is a guide to the ground a bit late, as presumably the away fans have found it if they've been able to buy a programme?
Also, will it mean that programme collectors find themselves having to buy two?

It seems when I buy an away programme, they often have the same syndicated Oxford United player preview and potted history of the club - can't remember who writes it, so I guess it might be more interesting to find out about your opponents instead. Although if every club copied this, you'd never find out about the Oxford players .

I noticed that Q magazine and other glossy magazines have been doing multiple covers for ages now. Do people actually buy all of them for completeness?
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

From the point of view of Oxford programme collectors, all I have spoken to would for obvious reasons prefer the 2 versions were not happening.

For myself, I will be getting both versions, as I suspect will most Oxford collectors. The away versions will be produced in much smaller numbers and so will likely end up being collectors' items in years to come. IIRC, the club generally produce programmes for approximately 10% of the predicted attendance, although that might have increased a little in recent years, so I would assume that away versions will be produced for 10% of predicted away attendance.

There have been quite a few programmes issued with varying covers in the past, but it has never been a regular ongoing thing.

My understanding is that this is being done on a trial basis and if not successful, will be discontinued.

I would prefer to see a return to the 1975/76 season where OUFC programmes were produced for some OUFC away fixtures, to cover those clubs who will no longer publish programmes.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

One of the other "Uniteds" has spotted our club's innovative approach this season.
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/u ... e-and-well