Warsaw

Anything yellow and blue
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Warsaw

Post by ty cobb »

Well that was a game with an end of season feel about it with an end of season team selection which was a shame as a win would have seen us gaining ground on the play offs again. Apps just doesn't seem to want to play Marv as a winger which baffles me as he's not a striker as was again demonstrated on Sat and he's not a full back as evidenced by his poor defending (such as his inability to challenge for headers at the back post - see Mid away and countless other, and weak tackling - see Wed night). Our lack of a decent striker this season has really cost us - I would have preferred Hylts to any of the strikers we've had leading the line this season.

Raglan did a good job I thought although the constant swapping about of left sided centre backs (Nelson/Dunks/Raglan) shows we never really replaced Jake Wright - again another odd one to let go. CC played well again although was put in the shit by Nelson at one point and Eastwood pulled off another couple of stunners. It was also noticeable how much better we are when Mags is on song - he makes us tick and when he has an off day he whole team seems to. If we can keep him and Conner next season, get that elusive 20 goal a season striker in to lead the line and we;ll stand an excellent chance.

A word for our fans though, some of them really wind me up, there was criticism of Eastwood (catch the pull stop f*cking punching it) Maguire (for f*cks sake Maguire you lazy c*nt f*ck off) our two best players this season. The "Ultras" also seem to think its acceptable now to pitch up at 2 minutes to 3 and stand in on netting in front of my little lad (who was only two rows back from the front) so he can't see and then on the train stand next to him singing pretty unpleasant songs. Attempts to ask them to move from both the Stewards and myself proved fruitless. Don't mind not sitting in allocated seats as I can go off to the side near the front with my lad, which should enable a decent view for him, but when a load of pissheads roll in at kick off and stand where they aren't allowed to it's not helpful - what was wrong with standing behind the goal halfway up/near the back?
SWA
Puberty

Re: Warsaw

Post by SWA »

What was the incident with the steward being bundled out? I was on the far right of the stand, so couldn't see what happened, but saw him being led out. Reports suggest he threw a punch at an Oxford fan.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Warsaw

Post by ty cobb »

Didn't see it but did see him being led away - basically had lost it had was having to be dragged away nearly having a fight with another steward and arguing all the way as he went. Bit odd, as the chap behind me said he had given an Oxford fan on the look out for a ticket a spare one that he had so sounded like a decent bloke but it seems the red mist descended.