Champions of England

Anything yellow and blue
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Champions of England

Post by ty cobb »

Well we did well to get a draw against the champions of England.............(what a laughable club they are).

I rather feel our season is petering out to a mid table conclusion with our form nearer relegation than promotion - DLWLWLL, which is a shame because at times we really look a class above. However, defensive lapses and not being able to covert some lovely build up play into goals continues to cost us.

Sat was more of the same, looked good in places but did well to come away with a draw in the end with Northampton having the best chance. Could not understand playing 4 central midfielders, meant we lacked any width and as our game is based on Lunny spraying the ball out wide it meant we didn't create much at all until Hall came on and Marv was pushed further forward. MA seems to have given up o promotion given the team selections of late, even with our fixture pile up last year he pretty much kept the same team and picking the team regardless of performances seems a bit daft to me. I thought Ruffels and Rothwell did well, although would have moved Sercs inside to try and get a goal near the end. We're missing our ex captain as the left sided centre back. Thought Edwards had a good game but going forward we were poor with no attacking player having a good game. We're too lightweight up top.

Wasn't helped by the spoiling football of Northampton - what a awful team. They are pretty much safe and at home against a team they want to prove a point to. However, they time wasted from the off, kicking the ball away whenever they could and their ladyboy in goal needed a drink everytime he needed to take a goal kick. As embarrassing as their song about being champions of England.

Good support for us again, although I do wish the Ultras would do the occasional song that everyone could join in with.