Happy Valley

Anything yellow and blue
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Happy Valley

Post by OUFC4eva »

U's do what no other Oxford Utd team have done in 90 minutes - win at Charlton.
Former Addicks loanee Conor McAleny scores the winner - for Oxford !

This was United's first win at Charlton in TWENTY ATTEMPTS including games
at Upton Park and Selhurst Park in the 80's and 90's.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Happy Valley

Post by ty cobb »

Very happy indeed. We were by far the better team in this game even though it felt we were playing in third gear. With our two most creative players on the bench this was impressive. Conner looks likes a mini Maguire, his ball control is brilliant and he glides through players - barely looking like he's making an effort until you see their player busting a gut to keep up. Ledson is a special player, I would argue he has more potential than COD and Roofe at a equivalent stage of their Oxford career. His reading of the game is immense and he seems to know where our players are without looking - all one touch passing. I believe he's massively improved Lunnys game as well, he's looking much more like the key midfielder than he was earlier in the season. Indeed I think this is the strongest midfield pairing is the best we've had for many years - given their age quite a feat.

Only downsides of the evening were Marvin demonstrating why he has been playing at left back this season and our inability to kill Charlton off when we were in total control for large periods. This very nearly came back to bite us in the last seconds, no point dominating a game unless you can turn that into a win, on Tue we did, Tue before we didn't.

Win on Sat and we'll be right in the mix for a play off spot - exciting times!