Stewart DONALD

Anything yellow and blue
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Stewart DONALD

Post by slappy »

Radley Rambler wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 1:50 pm
Roo wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 1:45 pm Just heard that he is meeting a potential investor, for SAFC, in Monaco this weekend...

The investor?

Juan Sartori.
We may therefore, get some pointers as to whether Sartori's involvement would have been 'in the best interests of OUFC' or not.
I've said it a few times, but my impression was that the spin at the time wasn't whether Sartori taking over was in the best interests of the club, but rather that continuing to not reach a deal with Sartori which had been running for months was not in the best interests of the club, due to the uncertainty it raised.

From the Oxvox minutes "The leakage of information and the lack of progress in discussions led me to believe that a deal would not be consummated and, hence, in the best interests of OUFC, I felt it best to end our very amicable discussions as the speculation was unhelpful and distracting at an important time for the club."
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

slappy wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:58 pm
Roo wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 1:45 pm Just heard that he is meeting a potential investor, for SAFC, in Monaco this weekend...

The investor?

Juan Sartori.
We may therefore, get some pointers as to whether Sartori's involvement would have been 'in the best interests of OUFC' or not.
I've said it a few times, but my impression was that the spin at the time wasn't whether Sartori taking over was in the best interests of the club, but rather that continuing to not reach a deal with Sartori which had been running for months was not in the best interests of the club, due to the uncertainty it raised.

From the Oxvox minutes "The leakage of information and the lack of progress in discussions led me to believe that a deal would not be consummated and, hence, in the best interests of OUFC, I felt it best to end our very amicable discussions as the speculation was unhelpful and distracting at an important time for the club."
Fair enough Slappy. There is still imho an interesting comparison to be made to see how the levels of investment that Tiger brings compares to that of Sartori if he gets involved at Sunderland.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

slappy wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:58 pm

The investor?

Juan Sartori.

http://www.witneygazette.co.uk/sport/ox ... underland/

The above heavily points to SD and Sartori being 'gazumped' by Tiger's bid, let's see what he now brings.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

That Oxford Mail article seems to be telling a different story to that which we were told last year.

Donald was merely taking Sartori to a football match, to show him the club, as a means of introducing him to Eales as a potential investor, whilst Methven and JMG just happened to be on an annual catch-up match visit at the same time.

The scuppered takeover article was all about Sartori, with only a slight mention of "local people" bringing this idea to him.

Now apparently it was very much a Donald / Sartori bid.