CheckaGrecian

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

CheckaGrecian

Post by GodalmingYellow »

A fairly straightforward win this evening, although our defence did have a go at messing things up several times.

Chey made a couple of serious errors, one of which led directly to the Exeter second goal. Ruffels frequently getting drawn inwards forcing Maguire to defend as a pseudo left back at times wasn't helpful. Lunny didn't offer much. Sercombe was better.

We had Wayne Brown as a named sub! My only surprise being that it wasn't Alan Judge.

Sam Long reverted to his more traditional centre back position and looked solid.

Major positive was performance of Ryan Taylor. Excellent for full 90 minutes and put away a very nice finish from 18 yards and only narrowly missed two more acrobatic attempts. Our forward play is so much improved with him in the starting line up and he must get a game on Saturday now. By some distance MoM.

Nice finishes too from Tyler Roberts (although he offered little else) and Alex Macdonanld who came on as a mid second half sub and added directness to our forward play.

Good penalty from Maguire, who is surely now the regular man from the spot.

Exeter were no great shakes and any chances they had were as a result of self inflicted damage by us than by their creativity. On general play, at times we looked light years ahead of them, which I suppose emphasises the step up from L2 to L1.

Entertaining game that many fans missed out on, although the crowd was higher than I was expecting given the public furore over the competition.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by OUFC4eva »

"Lunny did not offer much"

That's really harsh.Maguire's netted his 5th
consecutive pen. and therefore has to be
our regular taker. Maguire also had a very
good first half - the club's best footballer.

Crowley excites me in the hole
and although one or two decisions
he made on the ball were ill judged,
he is a real bundle of tricks and has
so much ability. Great to watch at times.
His physicality will improve. Agree with your remark about
T.Roberts - hugely talented but needs to do
more.

Exeter gave it a go and always tried to
play and pass. They have one or two
very good young players - the boy Ampadu
who came on late in the second half is just 15.
Can see why the big clubs are sniffing.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Re: CheckaGrecian

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

GodalmingYellow wrote:Entertaining game that many fans missed out on, although the crowd was higher than I was expecting given the public furore over the competition.
Many of us were quite happy to miss the game, no matter how entertaining, given the long-term threat which the new format poses to the existence of clubs at our level.

Having seen photos of the stands last night, if there really were 1,500 people in attendance then I'm a banana.

#BTeamBoycott
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

GodalmingYellow wrote:A fairly straightforward win this evening, although our defence did have a go at messing things up several times.

Chey made a couple of serious errors, one of which led directly to the Exeter second goal. Ruffels frequently getting drawn inwards forcing Maguire to defend as a pseudo left back at times wasn't helpful. Lunny didn't offer much. Sercombe was better.

We had Wayne Brown as a named sub! My only surprise being that it wasn't Alan Judge.

Sam Long reverted to his more traditional centre back position and looked solid.

Major positive was performance of Ryan Taylor. Excellent for full 90 minutes and put away a very nice finish from 18 yards and only narrowly missed two more acrobatic attempts. Our forward play is so much improved with him in the starting line up and he must get a game on Saturday now. By some distance MoM.

Nice finishes too from Tyler Roberts (although he offered little else) and Alex Macdonanld who came on as a mid second half sub and added directness to our forward play.

Good penalty from Maguire, who is surely now the regular man from the spot.

Exeter were no great shakes and any chances they had were as a result of self inflicted damage by us than by their creativity. On general play, at times we looked light years ahead of them, which I suppose emphasises the step up from L2 to L1.

Entertaining game that many fans missed out on, although the crowd was higher than I was expecting given the public furore over the competition.
After last season, this has to be the understatement of the Year GY!
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
GodalmingYellow wrote:Entertaining game that many fans missed out on, although the crowd was higher than I was expecting given the public furore over the competition.
Many of us were quite happy to miss the game, no matter how entertaining, given the long-term threat which the new format poses to the existence of clubs at our level.

Having seen photos of the stands last night, if there really were 1,500 people in attendance then I'm a banana.

#BTeamBoycott
Agree with all this KE.

I see from twitter that OxVox will be asking the club about the official attendance figure...