Topical poll

Anything yellow and blue

So, we did go down in the end. Who's fault was it?

Firoz Kassam
53%
Jim Rosenthal and Jon Murray and Rosie
No votes
A Gypsy known as &quotLes Wells&quot
No votes
Anyone who gained more points in League 2
No votes
Nick Merry and Jim Smith
No votes
Olly the Ox and OxVox
No votes
The ref who refused a penalty on 92 mins v The &quotO&quot's
No votes
Crap players and crap managers
47%

Total votes: 19

Snake
Grumpy old git

Topical poll

Post by Snake »

And a waste of time, eh?
dr ceri
Brat

Post by dr ceri »

I thought it was decided recently on TIU that it was FOUL's fault?
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

That is true Doc!

Why did you leave FOUL out of the list Snake?
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

How come you can only choose one option? I wanted to vote for &quotall of the above&quot.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

snake - given your interest in the gypsy curse, could you tell us whether you consider the curse to now be fulfilled by our relegation from the league, or whether we can still expect it to hang over oxford united?

thanks.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Yes, it might have been FOUL’s fault, or indeed Jerome’s or Radio Oxford’s, but I thought that there were enough sensible options to vote on without going into the realms of some bizarre thinking and entering the same blame culture that some elements of our I-fans have engaged in (who might also of course be the same people who are Boardroom hangers-on but pretend to be real fans of Oxford United).

In fact, I think that the current voting patterns reflect that fact. When it comes to Firoz Kassam you are/were either with him or you weren’t (and I’m strictly neutral, btw).

As for the Gypsy Curse, then only a long awaited win on a Tuesday night will see to that, so it’s not something I would like to promote a view on until that elusive moment happens. In terms of backing that up, then Gypsy Leader Les Wells was a bit pissed off with only being paid a million quid in the end to give up his right of way over the Stadium, having asked Kassam and the local Council for a lot more to resolve the issue previously, so maybe he thinks he’s been spat on.

Oh, and as part of that deal he also got the bricks and stones from Minchery Farm itself to be included in the deal. God only knows why, and what he did with them (any idea folks as I’ve not spoken to him for ages?)

And yes, I’m mildly superstitious.

/

Trevor, I’m still waiting for you to provide the stuff on the Internet (so that everyone can read it) that the Council gave you.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

As it happens Snake I might do.

Ihear through the jungle telegraph that Mr Wells is involved in a planning dispute in hishome village currently. Apparently he has piled rubbish and caravans into a field behind a property he now owns.

Is now at the centre of a planning battle. Heard a comment that he was 'threatening to move some friends in' if people objected.
SuperOx

Wells.......

Post by SuperOx »

lives in East Hendred I was told.

Does he run The Hare public house in the village?

Post by Guest »

And what happened to Mad Tim?