F.A. Cup Final

Anything yellow and blue
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

F.A. Cup Final

Post by Geoff »

I know this forum is for Oxford United stuff but was I the only one disgusted by the way Crystal Palace lost the match to the referee. It's all very well the experts drooling over Lingaard's goal but there shouldn't have been extra time in the first place.

I hope Mark received his winner's medal. :roll: :twisted:
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re: F.A. Cup Final

Post by Hog »

Don't understand. He didn't disallow any goals. Neither Manure goal was contentious. Seemed to me to be the commentators (none of whom has refereed a game of any consequence EVER) trying to make something to talk about. Yes it would have been good to allow the advantage but it doesn't mean they would have scored; I know the ball ended up in the net but only because the Palace player pretended not to hear the whistle and the Manure players played to it.

PS. Who cares? ;-)
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Poor refereeing, but as Hog says it was made to look worse once the Man U players stopped playing after the whistle on each occasion. You'd have thought Clattenburg might have learnt from the first one though? Isn't he doing the Champions League final too?

I was rooting for Palace, but not sure they deserved much out of the game. Such negative tactics, though their game plan almost worked when they had the extra man and started attacking but they weren't good enough in possession.

But yes, who cares? The most depressing part of it all is that our screens and airwaves are again going to be filled with that preening egotist Mourinho. It's no coincidence that the Premier League has become enjoyable again in his absence...
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Yes I've lost any affection I had for Mourinho due to his total lack of class or magnanimity. But he'll be second fiddle to the new bloke at City, can't remember his name. Who cares about the plastic premier league anyway, div 3 is the one to watch!
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Radio also suggested the Palace goal was offside.
I was rooting for Man Utd, purely in the faint hope that victory would prevent Jose returning, but looks like that was in vain.
It has also allowed the Hammers a place in europe, but given the level of contempt for the competition they showed last season then I'm not sure they deserve it (for what it matters, their capitulation meant that any ranking points we did gain were diluted).

As for Palace, sounds like they really did not give it a go, even after they were one man ahead - listening to it, I think I'd have preferred to have been a Villa fan last year losing 4-0 to very entertaining football, rather than go ultra defensive and lose by the odd goal to 10 men. Memories of Atkins (?) taking us to highbury many years back