Predictor table

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Predictor table

Post by GodalmingYellow »

If like me, you enjoy trying to predict the end of season table, you might want to check out the following:

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calculator2.php

I had us coming second, beating Brizzle only by goal difference, with Accy 2 points adrift.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Predictor table

Post by recordmeister »

I've just done it and have us going up on goal difference only.

It really is squeaky bum time, hey! (the goal difference was calculated automatically)
Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 11.41.31.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 11.41.31.png (61.47 KiB) Viewed 4245 times
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

I got nearly the same with Us, Bristol and Accrington all ending up on 85 points with Us and Bristol going up on GD.

I had Portsmouth 5th then Wimbledon and Plymouth completing the play-offs with Wycombe and Exeter finishing 7 points adrift, both on 71.
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Post by Isaac »

In more encouraging news, if you let the site itself decide on all the results bar Oxford results (i.e. it claims it does it based on form) - then according to that, 2 wins and we go up automatically.

Likewise the football calculator (linked to from that site) has us as 84.1% likely to end up in the top 3.

A 0.8% chance of winning the league.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

I have to confess, I put a hedging tenner on us to lose in the playoffs at 13/2. I still feel that it's about 50/50 we miss out on the top 3 (probably just my natural pessimism as the bookies seem fairly sure we'll go up.). I seriously hope I lose this bet though. It's more to give me something to fall back on if we do fuck it up.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Jimski wrote:I have to confess, I put a hedging tenner on us to lose in the playoffs at 13/2. I still feel that it's about 50/50 we miss out on the top 3 (probably just my natural pessimism as the bookies seem fairly sure we'll go up.). I seriously hope I lose this bet though. It's more to give me something to fall back on if we do fuck it up.
Never understand the logic of people who bet against their own teams. If we fail to win promotion, £75 is no consolation prize at all, and anything that even slightly dissuades you from bursting every sinew to cheer on your side is an unwelcome distraction.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
Jimski wrote:I have to confess, I put a hedging tenner on us to lose in the playoffs at 13/2. I still feel that it's about 50/50 we miss out on the top 3 (probably just my natural pessimism as the bookies seem fairly sure we'll go up.). I seriously hope I lose this bet though. It's more to give me something to fall back on if we do fuck it up.
Never understand the logic of people who bet against their own teams.If we fail to win promotion, £75 is no consolation prize at all
I could never bet against my own club and if I did I would never publically
confess to it on a fans forum!

£75 is nothing, no consolation. I'd spend that getting lashed if we were to fail.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

I think his feeling is that at least getting lashed would then be paid for!
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Yeah, it's not gonna distract me from wanting promotion AT ALL. It's more about my worry that it won't happen - trying to trick fate or something.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

How do you factor Trevor Bloody Kettle into this?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I've got us coming 5th now.

I really hope we have a stronger squad available for Saturday.