Mildly diverting coincidence

Anything yellow and blue
Isaac
Dashing young thing

Mildly diverting coincidence

Post by Isaac »

As a cricket and Oxford fan, I've noticed an odd coincidence, last time we played at Wembley in 2010, England played the World Cup T20 final on the same day. Both teams won (I remember thinking that day was unlikely to be surpassed for the teams I support winning something important).
This time round, England are once again in a World Cup T20 final on the same day.

For info, the next world cup t20 is in 2020 (hosted in australia, so sadly no chance for us to complete the hat trick that time as it'll happen over winter).
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Mildly diverting coincidence

Post by theox »

I was discussing the same coincidence with a work colleague yesterday.

I remember being in a Wembley pub celebrating Us victory and watching the last few balls of the cricket in 2010. Might get to repeat that this time as well as I think the cricket will be in the closing stages when we get out of Wembley.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: Mildly diverting coincidence

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Isaac wrote:As a cricket and Oxford fan, I've noticed an odd coincidence, last time we played at Wembley in 2010, England played the World Cup T20 final on the same day. Both teams won (I remember thinking that day was unlikely to be surpassed for the teams I support winning something important).
Not sure I'd agree that the T20 World Cup was particularly important then, though it has become more so as that cricket format has become more mainstream. Certainly more important than the JPT though!

I was also discussing this with a friend over the weekend - the cricket was on in the Green Man after the Playoff final, though I can't say I was paying it too much attention in my state of combined euphoria and inebriation! This time they both start at 2.30pm...