Wembley tickets

Anything yellow and blue
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Wembley tickets

Post by Jimski »

Just curious - have any of you received your Wembley tickets yet? I haven't received mine, and was wondering if any had been sent out yet.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re: Wembley tickets

Post by Hog »

I read somewhere that they wouldn't be sent out until nearer the date but can't remember the date they specified now! I assume it's a way of reducing the chance for touts to get hold of them for sell-out matches. Don't panic yet!
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Ah, thanks - based on your answer, I went searching on the OUFC site, and found this document: http://www.oufc.co.uk/documents/oxford- ... 941423.pdf

which details "Despatch of tickets will commence by First class standard post from Monday 7th March and
daily thereafter until Wednesday 30th March"
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Hopefully they will be busy posting 30,000+
tickets that week!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Speaking of Wembley Stadium they confirm the allocation of pubs
for both Manchester City and Liverpool fans as follows:

http://www.wembleystadium.com/Events/20 ... -Cup-Final
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Ours arrived today - woohoo!

Anybody know how many Barnsley have sold so far btw?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

The big nasty story around the Wembley game is that some Barnsley tickets are cheaper than ours for the same equivalent seat.

If you are aged between 60 and 65, The Barnsley tickets are just half the cost of the Oxford tickets.

This is because the pricing policy of Oxford United is not to allow any pensioner age discount until age 65, whereas Barnsley allow it at aged 60.

In the most expensive seats, and Oxford supporter aged between 60 and 65 will pay £60, but for the equivalent Barnsley seat it is just £30.

I know a number of people affected and the club has been written to by some of those affected.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Latest club tweet states that 32,533 tickets sold
as of lunchtime today.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

Regarding prices for those 60-65. OUFC are correct in their pricing. The issue is at Barnsley's end, inappropriately discounting for a section of their working age fan base. I'd hazard a guess that those 60-65 are amongst the wealthiest cohort in our fan base.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

GodalmingYellow wrote:The big nasty story around the Wembley game is that some Barnsley tickets are cheaper than ours for the same equivalent seat.

If you are aged between 60 and 65, The Barnsley tickets are just half the cost of the Oxford tickets.

This is because the pricing policy of Oxford United is not to allow any pensioner age discount until age 65, whereas Barnsley allow it at aged 60.

In the most expensive seats, and Oxford supporter aged between 60 and 65 will pay £60, but for the equivalent Barnsley seat it is just £30.

I know a number of people affected and the club has been written to by some of those affected.
Why should people aged between 60 and 65 get a discount? They are of working age.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

The U's have now sold their remaining tickets
after Ticketmaster went off sale yesterday.

The club will confirm tomorrow (Thursday 31st March)
if you can buy tickets at Wembley Stadium on match day.