Danny Rose

Anything yellow and blue
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Danny Rose

Post by ty cobb »

I have mentioned this in some of my previous posts, but I think it's worth it's own thread as I think it highlights a weakness in Appletons management, in that he tends
to discard players far too easily. I continue to be mystified to why we got rid of Rose, in the 19 games he played this season there have been 6 draws, just 2 losses (one against Wed in the cup when he came on as sub) and 11 wins (albeit 3 as subs). We were flying when he was in the team and I thought he was one of our best players before his injury. To then not get near the squad and then let go to our promotion rival is quite frankly a joke for which we are now really suffering. No matter how good your central midfield is (and both of ours have struggled of late) you need to rotate and have competition for places - with Rose gone there is none. Is it budget constraints, or a falling out with Appleton - it wasn't due to his performance on the pitch or the results when he played because they were first class.

Same with Ryan Clarke, when he came back from injury last season he we improved massively, has been our best keeper for years and yet he was dropped for no apparent reason and then bombed out to Northampton and we have not properly replaced him since.

I would love to know what went on with these two players, both of which seemed like excellent pros, as we have made ourselves weaker in getting rid of both.

What has happened to all this cup money that he was promised, we seem to have had to get rid of players to bring others in.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Danny Rose

Post by Jimski »

Appleton definitely seems to have a slight problem with players he didn't himself sign. Danny Hylton is another example. Not sure why he is slowly sliding out of being automatic first choice. Bet he leaves in the summer.