Sheep Shaggers

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re: Sheep Shaggers

Post by Hog »

joepoolman wrote:
To put it into context the "weakened" team that we deservedly beat featured Jonjo Shelvey, a full England international that Swansea want £10mil for (http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk ... story.html), Bafetimbi Gomis a France international and Jefferson Montero, a player who completely destroyed Arsenal last year. Not half bad!
And apparently (though I haven't checked) seven of today's side drew 0-0 at Crystal Palace as recently as 28 December.
Mr T
Brat

Post by Mr T »

The Swansea game was brought to us by the number 4....
Apparently the last time a Division FOUR side beat a Premiership side in the FA Cup was FOUR years ago (unFOURtunately it was the side from Wiltshire v Wigan). We've now conceded FOUR goals already since the New Year (good job we've scored 7!). That's FOUR penalties in a row that we've converted, after missing FOUR of the first 6 this season. So bring on the FOURth round. And what number does Kemar Roofe wear...?! Brilliant day!
Bring back the black away shirt!
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I took up BetFair' very generous offer of 8/1 for Oxford to get a pen during the match. I just thought with our style of play and being the home team, this was too good an offer to turn down. And it appears to have paid for my day out and my day out on Thurs too!
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

For anyone saying it was a soft penalty I just say "Chelsea 1999"
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

SmileyMan wrote:For anyone saying it was a soft penalty I just say "Chelsea 1999"
Damn right!

Plus I don't actually think it was that soft. If you dive in these days and don't win the ball then 9 times out of 10 the Ref is going to give the foul regardless of contact on the man.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

Can someone clarify the rules, or the interpretation of the rules here?

MacDonald made very little contact with the player, but their player did not win the ball. So effectively, their player prevented MacDonald from continuing his run, using unfair means. MacDonald had two alternatives - do what he did, or fail to jump and risk having his leg broken (but ensuring 'contact').
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Roofe has even been put in the same team (of the week) as Messi and Bale...
http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topi ... th-oxford-

There is also a video going around showing Shelvey just standing there, hands on knees, as Hoban dazzles the Swansea defenders before heading off to the corner to kill off a few more seconds. No wonder the Swansea fans had a right go at him. Very impressed with how we ran out the clock at the end. So often, over so many years, we simply have not had the composure to do that. made what could have been a nerve-wracking few minutes really rather enjoyable.

Already been in the office for 2 hours and done sod-all work. Just catching up with all the internet reports, videos etc. Just proud to be an Oxford supporter.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Old Abingdonian wrote:MacDonald had two alternatives - do what he did, or fail to jump and risk having his leg broken (but ensuring 'contact').
Exactly - he was taking evasive action from a reckless challenge. The Swansea player was lucky not to at least go in to the book for diving in like that. If that's not a penalty then I don't know what is. Definitely not a dive, and nothing 'soft' about it. And there was some contact, albeit as Macca was on his way back down.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Stonewall peno. Anyone who says it was "soft" needs a trip to Specsavers!
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Dr Bob: link to the video?

As for the pen- stonewall. I agree with what the 'pundits' said on Match of the Day.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Back pages all a very fine shade of Yellow this morning!
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

recordmeister wrote:Dr Bob: link to the video?

As for the pen- stonewall. I agree with what the 'pundits' said on Match of the Day.
Sorry. here it is:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... y-10713509?

Absolutely right about the penalty. Some seriously desperate excuse-making going on there.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

West Ham fancy their chances of beating us:

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/ ... _1_4374595
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

That's a bit cheap - it's a bit like looking for younger kids to beat up in the playground!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Unprofessional !