Sheep Shaggers

Anything yellow and blue
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Sheep Shaggers

Post by recordmeister »

So, I'm actually really excited about the match on Sunday. No pressure on us to win, but I believe we have a team that will suit the style of play of a Prem side (a la WBA away last season) and we can go out and play with utter abandon. The players deserve a day in the sun, and with a full house it should be a cracking atmosphere.

Do 'do a Dan', I have to add in a negative or two, namely potential injuries or suspensions (having said that I think the Dev Team we played against Brum on Monday would finish in the top 6 in our league) and then there is the 'shop window' element. But aside from that, and the obvs nightmare that parking will be, it should be a corker.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: Sheep Shaggers

Post by Snake »

Don’t forget to buy the obligatory blow up plastic sheep to wave around. They would be such a novel sight at Swansea games.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Some memories of previous games in this article:

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article ... 87396.aspx
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

It was not that long ago that the Swans were in more trouble than Oxford United were during the dark days of the late 90’s. The fans down there have not forgotten those times and still don’t see themselves as a big time club. I always hoped that OUFC would do the same, and still do - anything is possible in football so long as the club is well managed by local people who are not just in it for the cash.

Hope it’s a cracking game.

http://www.jacktoaking.com/
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Another good article from the Swansea site. This time about Jeremy Charles.

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article ... 89909.aspx
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Great read about Charlo.

He did have to retire at an early age, sadly,
which must have been hard when you possess
the ability he had. Excellent in the air and on the deck.

Great he is still involved with us.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

BBC reports that Curtis is going to field a weakened team, and Rotherham won't let Maguire be cup tied
Last edited by SmileyMan on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

SmileyMan wrote:BBC reports that Curtis is going to field a weakened team
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-7148672

England midfielder Jonjo Shelvey could be moving to Crystal Palace rather than Newcastle United.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

What a game of football. Swansea obviously fielded a side that was too weak, but that’s their fault for underestimating the U’s and not doing their homework properly. The fact that the Prem TV money alone rises from £3.02 billion this season to £5.14 billion next year, with a ‘six pointer’ on Wednesday night against Sunderland was a big factor, and their squad is thin, meaning it was a massive gamble in trotting out the players that they did.

I enjoyed the game immensely - it was difficult to tell who was the Prem side who was League II side.

I just hope the U’s can really kick on now after that result, and get out of this poxy division in May for a start. They certainly look capable of it from today’s performance.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Well done Roofe for banging in a brace against Premiership opposition. Chances of still being here in Feb now dropped to 0%
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Snake - your boys took one hell of a beating
Still buzzing after that game...
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Hands up anyone who actually gives a toss whether Swansea fielded a weakened team or not? Their problem, not ours!
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

SmileyMan wrote:Well done Roofe for banging in a brace against Premiership opposition. Chances of still being here in Feb now dropped to 0%
i'll put a good amount of money on roofe being here to the end of the season.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Matt D wrote:
SmileyMan wrote:Well done Roofe for banging in a brace against Premiership opposition. Chances of still being here in Feb now dropped to 0%
i'll put a good amount of money on roofe being here to the end of the season.
I'll match that, go to Newcastle to go out on loan or stay where he's loved and have a great chance of winning promotion? We had this conversation in summer when Roofe could've been a squad player in a higher league but chose to come here and be the main man.

What a game though everyone scored at least 8, and I think Lundstram put in one of the best performances I've ever seen, Taylor put in his best performance for Us also, but it was the team performance that really counted, and the team's reaction to conceding both goals was outstanding.

To put it into context the "weakened" team that we deservedly beat featured Jonjo Shelvey, a full England international that Swansea want £10mil for (http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk ... story.html), Bafetimbi Gomis a France international and Jefferson Montero, a player who completely destroyed Arsenal last year. Not half bad!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

My boys enjoyed driving back along the M4 with scarves out the window waving at all the Swansea coaches!

Who's up next?