Re: Swansea in the cup

Post by OUFC4eva »

He will love the draw I would think.

Reckon he would want Oxford to win too :shock:
Andrewmaha
Brat

Post by Andrewmaha »

OUFC4eva wrote:He will love the draw I would think.

Reckon he would want Oxford to win too :shock:
I do too and I get to 90% of SCFC games.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Decent draw!
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

I agree, a decent draw.

Only about half a dozen away ties would be better at this stage.

We get a top flight team who should suit our style of play and can be beaten.

We can wait until Round 4 for Chelsea away...
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

away would have been even more fun, but i'm happy!
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

They sacked Gary Monk today. Rumours abound of Moyes or Brendan Rogers.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

The game will be broadcast live on BBC Wales with a 12PM kick off time on Sunday 10th January 2016. Unsure what sort of TV revenue we would receive.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

SWA wrote:The game will be broadcast live on BBC Wales with a 12PM kick off time on Sunday 10th January 2016. Unsure what sort of TV revenue we would receive.
Excellent for those of us living the right side of the border!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
SWA wrote:The game will be broadcast live on BBC Wales with a 12PM kick off time on Sunday 10th January 2016. Unsure what sort of TV revenue we would receive.
Does a home tie against Premier League opposition not make you want to make the trip from Cardiff? I think kicking off at midday on a Sunday is very far from excellent under any circumstances. I've rarely known a good atmosphere at a Sunday lunchtime kick-off, and I can't imagine it will encourage fans to attend. In fact I've just looked and the earliest train from Swansea on the Sunday gets in to Oxford at 11.26am, which doesn't make that a very viable option for away fans. I hope we're getting a significant sum of money for the inconvenience. Was really looking forward to this - not so much anymore...
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

We are getting £48000 by all accounts Kernow Yellow.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Well I guess that's a fairly significant sum - given that gate receipts are split it equates to an extra 5,000 or so on the gate, and I doubt we'll lose anything like that many by moving the game. It's still galling that all three FA Cup games so far have been moved to a Sunday for 'TV coverage', when none of them will have actually been on TV (except in Cymru)!

As for the other third round TV picks, don't get me started! Man U vs Sheffield United is bad enough, but the BBC's decision to screen Spurs vs Leicester is an absolute disgrace. That's the kind of shit that clogs up MotD every week, and indeed the two clubs are playing each other 3 days later in the league!
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

I can get BBC One Wales on channel 864 on my Virgin Media box, so I might get lucky, but there's probably a rights thing.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Kernow Yellow wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
Does a home tie against Premier League opposition not make you want to make the trip from Cardiff? I think kicking off at midday on a Sunday is very far from excellent under any circumstances. I've rarely known a good atmosphere at a Sunday lunchtime kick-off, and I can't imagine it will encourage fans to attend. In fact I've just looked and the earliest train from Swansea on the Sunday gets in to Oxford at 11.26am, which doesn't make that a very viable option for away fans. I hope we're getting a significant sum of money for the inconvenience. Was really looking forward to this - not so much anymore...
We're on telly - proper telly, not Murdoch Bastard subscription nonsense - about once a decade these days. I'm not going to feel remotely guilty about taking advantage of that, particularly when (as you've acknowledged) the kick-off time is inconvenient, and when I can get a lounge-full of other exiles to enjoy the game at my place with a few cans of Brains bitter!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Kairdiff Exile wrote: We're on telly - proper telly, not Murdoch Bastard subscription nonsense - about once a decade these days. I'm not going to feel remotely guilty about taking advantage of that, particularly when (as you've acknowledged) the kick-off time is inconvenient, and when I can get a lounge-full of other exiles to enjoy the game at my place with a few cans of Brains bitter!
Although of course the kick-off time wouldn't be inconvenient if it weren't for the telly! Which was kind of my point really. And it might be 'proper' telly for you, but it seems those of us the right side of the Severn Bridge need some kind of Murdoch subscription (or similar) to tune in. It's basically being done for the sake of Welsh (presumably Swansea) fans, while at the same time massively inconveniencing those of them who want to actually go and watch the game. Though I guess they're used to that after a few seasons in the PL.

Enjoy your Brains bitter - I'll make the journey for fear of missing one of our biggest giant-killings of all time. Anyway, I prefer their Reverend James myself...