Braintree Town

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: Braintree Town

Post by Kernow Yellow »

OUFC4eva wrote:I think Kettering Town were the last non league team to win an FA Cup
in Oxford. You have to go back to November 1976.
Thanks OUFC4eva. I was aware we'd lost to Kettering once but didn't realise it had been at home. Before my time certainly 8)
I must admit listening to RadOx I was worried the run might come to an end after we'd gone 1-0 down last night, but we march on. Forest Green might be a tougher test though.

Can anyone remember us playing at the same time as the Englad team before? I recall a game against Barnsley once being moved to avoid clashing with an England rugby fixture, and I remember several Engerlund games kicking off straight after our games had finished including Beckham's last-minute free-kick against Greece which plenty of us watched in the Kasstad bar at £10 a pop. But I honestly can't remember them coinciding before.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Kernow Yellow wrote: Can anyone remember us playing at the same time as the Englad team before? I recall a game against Barnsley once being moved to avoid clashing with an England rugby fixture, and I remember several Engerlund games kicking off straight after our games had finished including Beckham's last-minute free-kick against Greece which plenty of us watched in the Kasstad bar at £10 a pop. But I honestly can't remember them coinciding before.
I remember that.It was during the 1991 Rugby World Cup and the U's were home to Barnsley
at the Manor with an 11am kick off !

United lost 0-1 in front of a predictably low gate of 3,420 in what is now the Championship.
I remember that season was a real struggle with a last day win at Tranmere meaning we stayed up!
I'll always remember the Boxing Day home match that season. We dominated Southend from start to finish
but were cruelly beaten by a late Brett Angell strike for the Shrimpers.
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Post by The OXman Cometh »

Back in the 70's we played them lot from down the A420 in a midweek game the same night England were playing.
Some of my mates were in a dilemma as to which game to go to, I was disgusted with them for such thoughts!!!