Jordan Graham recalled by Wolves

Anything yellow and blue
SWA
Puberty

Jordan Graham recalled by Wolves

Post by SWA »

A real shame - the lad was looking very good in his few performances for us (sending off notwithstanding). Shows the danger of the short term loan system though - parent clubs can recall players at any time. Let's wait and see if Mapp gets anyone else in.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Jordan Graham recalled by Wolves

Post by slappy »

It's a sign that the loan system works if an unused player gets decent match time to merit a recall. I did think that with mini-Roofe and Roofe on the pitch at the same time, they try too hard to beat three defenders and then go back and beat the first one again, when a cross would be more effective.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Works for whom though? Works for the bigger, richer clubs who sign up all the talent and then use other clubs to break in their new players. All the risk goes elsewhere, and they can pull them back at the slightest sign of talent. At the very least the authorities should bar clubs from being allowed to recall players.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

I'm presuming everyone takes this at face value. If I were MApp, I would have been very unimpressed by that tackle on Saturday - could easily have been a straight red on his fist game back after suspension.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Jimski wrote:Works for whom though? Works for the bigger, richer clubs who sign up all the talent and then use other clubs to break in their new players. All the risk goes elsewhere, and they can pull them back at the slightest sign of talent. At the very least the authorities should bar clubs from being allowed to recall players.
Such deals, I thought, can frequently include recall clauses - no club receiving a loan player will be unaware of this possibility. Loans can work very well for the receiving club (er, George Baldock? Kemar Roofe?) And according to the reports, Wolves have a bit of an injury crisis.

Besides, how might Chester fans have liked being told that Roberts could not play in the FA Cup 4th qualifying round (I believe we applied that to all of our loanees apart from Collins). Who is the bigger richer club there?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Old Abingdonian wrote:I'm presuming everyone takes this at face value. If I were MApp, I would have been very unimpressed by that tackle on Saturday - could easily have been a straight red on his fist game back after suspension.
Was that where Graham got a poor ref decision and seconds later went lunging in almost two footed on the opponent? I thought he was very lucky just to get yellow.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

We also allowed Max Crocombe to become cup tied
as he played for Southport. We of course have
Buchel as back up.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

OUFC4eva wrote:We also allowed Max Crocombe to become cup tied
as he played for Southport. We of course have
Buchel as back up.
And Jack Stevens.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

slappy wrote:
Old Abingdonian wrote:I'm presuming everyone takes this at face value. If I were MApp, I would have been very unimpressed by that tackle on Saturday - could easily have been a straight red on his fist game back after suspension.
Was that where Graham got a poor ref decision and seconds later went lunging in almost two footed on the opponent? I thought he was very lucky just to get yellow.
I tend to agree. We should have had a penalty, but not getting the decision does not excuse the reaction. He was a very lucky boy.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

This episode has echoes of the Robert Hall situation from 2011.

United sign an apparent top drawer youngster from a higher league club and said young player
looks a real talent and gets noticed. Does well and gets recalled but then is loaned out
to a bigger club than Oxford.He went to MK Dons and Birmingham City

I am aware that it was during Hall's second loan spell at Grenoble Road that West Han invoked
the recall clause.Hall subsequently made some appearances for WHU before joining Bolton
and he is currently on loan again at MK.Still only 22 years of age.