Price of Football Study

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Price of Football Study

Post by Snake »

In case you were wondering why one club declined to take part - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... t-10261303?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Price of Football Study

Post by slappy »

For the unenlightened, how much is an on-the-day adult ticket for a home / away fan at Swansea, and how much is an adult season ticket in the cheap seats please?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: Price of Football Study

Post by Snake »

Dunno about the rest of the ground but I sit in the East Stand upper, with a view to the side of the pitch. Very similar to a perch in the SSU. ‘Early Bird’ renewal of my ST was £409. All away tickets are £22 if bought early enough.

Because there are 16,000 ST holders only 2,000 on the day tickets (limited to those with enough ‘loyalty points’) are available, plus a maximum allocation of 2,000 for away fans. These prices are imho expensive at £35 as the norm and £45 for the ‘Big Six’ clubs. However, there is an official list/queue for season tickets variously quoted at being between 8-12,000 people.

As far as I’m aware during the last 5 seasons the home ‘on the day’ tickets have always sold out, so any gaps you see on MotD are in the untaken away allocation when the likes of Norwich, Burnley etc don’t bring so many fans.

In passing, if the Price of Football Study wanted to get this information it’s not a secret, and it would not have taken much work to find out!