Leyton Orient v OXFORD

Anything yellow and blue
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Leyton Orient v OXFORD

Post by OUFC4eva »

The U's travel to Brisbane Road, home of the O's for the first time since 29th October 2005
when United were defeated by a Craig Easton goal on the stoke of half time.
I remember Jon Ashton had his nose broken in the first minute.

United: B.Turley, J.Ashton, L.Roget, C.Willmott, M.Robinson, C.Hackett, B.Quinn, L.Mansell, E.Sabin, L.Bradbury, C.Davies.
Subs: S.Basham, C.Hargreaves, J.Stirling, C.Tardif and R.Hughes.

Orient: G.Morris, J.Miller, G.Zakuani, J.Mackie, J.Keith, M.Lockwood, M.Simpson, C.Easton, S.Tudor, J.Ibehre, G.Alexander.

Goal: Craig Easton 45
Attendance: 5,268

We all know what happened at the end of that season!

Played for both:

Gary Barnett, Mickey Bullock, Darren Purse (above), Lee Steele, Tom Newey, Andy Scott,
Manny Omoyinmi, Derek Clarke, Billy Turley, David Hunt, Scott Fitzgerald and Chris Whyte.

Current form:

United: WWWWdD
Orient: LWLDDD

O's danger man is former Arsenal striker Jay Simpson who has bagged eight goals already this season.

Early team news: Orient are expecting french defender Mathieu Baudry
to have recovered from a head injury but are without the suspended defender Alan Dunne
who was sent off at Crawley in the O's 2-3 defeat.On loan Millwall striker John Marquis
could start.

UNITED HAVE SOLD THEIR FULL ALLOCATION OF 1,406 TICKETS.
Last edited by OUFC4eva on Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Leyton Orient v The U's

Post by slappy »

OUFC4eva - I like these previews, particularly the quirky bits that perhaps might not be obvious, such as the broken nose story.

Several years ago when work was a lot quieter I used to write a preview on a Friday afternoon for the news section of Rageonline with similar themes such as the last time we played, played for both, current suspensions and injuries, but then found someone else (TBFUTH?) was basically doing exactly the same, but with more detail, and earlier in the day than mine, and so I gave up. Then a few months later they stopped as well.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Matt D »

good result, good performance, good day out.

a draw away to a team that's started well and is up there - i think we have to be happy with that, despite the fact that at a quarter to five it didn't feel like that.

it was a good performance i thought - we took a while to find our feet, and a better team would have made us pay for a couple of early mistakes. the game could have been pretty much beyond Us if we'd not been a little lucky. but we came into it more, and we scored from our chances. graham was terrific in his creativity. our second had a good slice of luck about it, but we were positive in our play and probably deserved the luck.

the second half i thought we were again on the back foot to begin with, but this time weren't getting back into it, and graham's dismissal made that all the harder. i couldn't really see the first booking (other side and end of the pitch), but was surprised to see a foul given and more surprised to see him booked. second one i guess we put down as a point in a young player's learning curve. we would have been lucky to survive after that, and with distance can't begrudge orient their equaliser.

man of the match: sercombe by a country mile.

good atmosphere in the away end, nice to see lots of fellow yellows, good beer before and after (although more disappointment in the world cup), and on to brick lane after.

travel in hope, not expectation, for these kind of fixtures i always think, and that hope was almost met. but a home game against another early promotion rival on tuesday is one i'll have some expectation of Us to again show ourselves worthy of this early promise.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

We just could not hold out !

Sometimes you play with ten men or against ten men and it does not show but I felt
we clearly looked like we had the numerical disadvantage after Graham's
inexperience. Too many diagonal balls were coming is from the O's defenders
who went route one once Palmer was introduced.It was a bombardment
and we should have made earlier changes i.e Dunks coming on and Hylts
to close their defenders down to stop the supply.

Still I enjoyed the day out in East London and I enjoy watching us
play. BIG game tomorrow night and on Saturday.

COYY
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Leyton Orient v OXFORD

Post by slappy »

I was trying to price up how much those flats in the corners would have been worth. Looks like there are about 30 flats in each block, times four = 120 approx 250K each = 30million. I bet Kassam would love to do similar at the stadium.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re: Leyton Orient v OXFORD

Post by OUFC4eva »

I think flats in the corners would look terrible at our place.

No way should we allow that to happen if we can.

What happened to FK's planning application for his residential
development?