What a night.

Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

What a night.

Post by A-Ro »

There have been very few games where we have been so dominant, even before they lost their heads and got a man sent off we were outplaying them and after that it was pure nectar. I love it when we beat them even when we beat them ugly like the J-Lo game but beating them with pretty football was something a bit special.
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: What a night.

Post by Geoff »

It was a real team effort as well. Everybody gave 100%.

When the game was still in the balance at 0-0 and 11 v 11, Jake Wright made some important tackles and really set the tone with a captain's performance. As the game developed the midfield and attack took the game by the scruff of the neck and the result was never in doubt. I can't ever remember being so relaxed at a Slumdon game and I've been to a few!
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

I wasn't at the game, Jerome, but it sounds like another cracking performance from Us. Although the match report on the Slumdon website tells it totally differently!

Also, loving the new Ox v Robin massive flag. There is a great picture of it on the Official OUFC Facebook page.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Can we play them every week ?

What a night. You really do need to savour these occasions
and five consecutive wins over them is so sweet after so many
appalling defeats especially in Wiltshire. The result was never in doubt
after 30 minutes and it was great to see such a convincing win
over the arch enemy.We were both dominant and rampant
for long spells.

Saturday is key. No after the Lord Mayor's show please !
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

I thought the Moonrakers were looking quite dangerous while they had 11 men, despite our having our fair share of chances. However after one of the dumbest ways of getting sent off I've ever seen (why do that right in front of a) the ref and lino, and b) thousands of noisy, pumped up Oxford fans? Crazy!), there was subsequently only ever going to be one winner and it was as one-sided a derby game as I've ever seen.

Were I from the dark side, I would not have been happy with my teams' application at all (apart from their no 7 who looked decent and ran the midfield for them).

But I'm not, and am delighted with a tremendous performance. I do hope we can keep Jordan Graham for a while, what a little gem.

Unbeaten against Slumdon in the 21st Century... 8)
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

theox wrote:I wasn't at the game, Jerome, but it sounds like another cracking performance from Us. Although the match report on the Slumdon website tells it totally differently!
You don't have a link for that do you? I'd love to read it.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

A-Ro wrote:
theox wrote:I wasn't at the game, Jerome, but it sounds like another cracking performance from Us. Although the match report on the Slumdon website tells it totally differently!
You don't have a link for that do you? I'd love to read it.
Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/art ... 32412.aspx
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

I thought the below article was even better!

I thought for half an hour we played really well. We were in complete control and totally dominated the game.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/art ... vyH8hgs.99
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=56106.0

is worth a trawl through. Some of them seem quite reasonable, acknowledging the hard work put in for the display. But then again a few are wondering if they should get Di Canio back again.

At 4:30pm on Tuesday it was lashing down with rain, I just couldn't face the prospect of sitting in hours of traffic on the M25 / M40, then being stuck in the overflow car park for another hour after the match. So I didn't go. :oops:

Their red card looks harsh on the YP highlights, I guess the ref and the East Stand saw from a different angle. Shame O'Dowda didn't score early on with the shot against the bar, that would have been great for a young lad from Oxford.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I agree about the red card it looked very harsh. I don't think it would have made much difference though.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Red card obviously wasn't harsh enough: http://www.flicwiltshire.com/turnbull-h ... rned-down/?
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

A-Ro wrote:I agree about the red card it looked very harsh. I don't think it would have made much difference though.
I'm not convinced on either count.

If you're stupid enough to blatantly kick an opposition player, by the laws of the game it's an instant red and when you're 5 yards from the ref he isn't going to miss it. Even some of the Slumdon fans on their forum make this point and they are not impartial!

I also think that for the 10 minutes before that, Slumdon were taking hold of the game and so it could have gone either way if they'd remained at XI. Following the sending off however, they capitulated and the righteous ones had a smashing time.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

So he tried to kick him and missed. Classic!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »