Eticketing

Anything yellow and blue
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Eticketing

Post by Jimski »

Why have the club taken what was a very usable etickteting site and made it basically unusable?

So I tried to buy a ticket for tomorrow's match. First it wouldn't work at all in Firefox, then in Chrome it was incredibly slow - I ended up getting as far as the payment (including the 'Verified by Visa' step) and then it took so long to confirm that the basket was cleared by the time-out (i.e. over 10 mins). I have no idea now whether I have paid for the ticket, actually have a match ticket, or anything. Life is too short for this crap. I might well just not bother if this is how crap the ticketing is now.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Eticketing

Post by Jimski »

Just to follow-up. I phoned the club yesterday morning and they had received confirmation of my ticket purchase. So that was ok - still not good that I received no confirmation myself though. Might phone up in future, instead of using the site. Have others used it successfully?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Jimski wrote:Just to follow-up. I phoned the club yesterday morning and they had received confirmation of my ticket purchase. So that was ok - still not good that I received no confirmation myself though. Might phone up in future, instead of using the site. Have others used it successfully?
I booked Luton and Mansfield tickets online using firefox, just the £1 postage fee I think as the booking fee has been dropped. Last year for some reason on one occasion they couldn't cope with two different match tickets being selected for postal delivery, so I had to phone up to get the second sent as well, but all worked fine this year.

Apparently this morning the ticket office is having a software upgrade so won't open until 10am.

Also I wonder why the ticket office couldn't have been opened after the game last night for Sheffield Wednesday tickets. I thought this would save me sitting in the overflow car park for 40 minutes waiting to get out.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

just booked 2 Sheffield Wednesday tickets, had similar problems to Jimski - the order confirmation froze in firefox so closed the booking and checked my email for bookings but none. moved to internet explorer which showed empty basket, added 2 tickets, it then showed 4! deleted two, and eventually got through the payment process, the eticketing site does seem very slow to process, but not as bad as the 10 minute time out mentioned above.