Eastleigh

Anything yellow and blue
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Eastleigh

Post by Geoff »

This was my first (and only) pre-season match.(It's a bit of a route march now I'm in Weston-super-Mare.)

Wanted to gauge the new additions to the squad. Was impressed with Taylor's work rate, selfish with a shot in the first half when he should have passed. Slocombe looked competent apart from a couple of extravagant moves which I'm sure he wouldn't try in a league game. Disappointed with Sercombe in the first half but he improved and got forward more in the second.

2-0 flattered us at half time. Beano missed a sitter at 0-0 and one of their midfielders blazed over. Yemi gave Jake a torrid time for most of the game and we did well to keep a clean sheet. In the second half we looked more composed but couldn't add to the score. MacDonald was probably our best player and Callum looked good when he came on.

Our first goal was bundled over the line by Mullins from a set piece. Well taken goal by Hylton. His work rate was excellent. I'm not surprised he was substituted as there was constant 'handbags' with one of the Eastleigh players. I couldn't see, but I believe it continued in the tunnel at half time.

Man of the match: Yemi Odubade.

Overall I enjoyed my day out and am very optimistic about the upcoming season. But then I always am!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re: Eastleigh

Post by OUFC4eva »

Stewart Donald's ' take ' on yesterday's match:

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/1349981 ... d/?ref=arc