Taking the Mickey

Anything yellow and blue
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Taking the Mickey

Post by recordmeister »

Well, ML has been a great servant to the club and bleeds yellow and blue. But I'm not too sad to see him leave the coaching set up. I always felt that we needed more in the way of goalscoring coaches in the backroom department at the club, and when it was all defenders and hard tackling midfielders, the coaching DNA was very defensive.

Very happy for CA to be promoted to this role, to create a bridge between the youth and the senior team and that he is a local lad who clearly has some sort of ability in this department. If only he brings through another version of himself and Joey to swap flanks twice a half and totally confuse any left/right backs... then I WOULD be happy!
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Taking the Mickey

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

I agree about Micky Lewis - sad to see anyone go after they've served the club for so long, but maybe it's the right decision. What's important is that it was done properly, and that the settlement between him and the club reflected the years of hard work he has put in. As I said yesterday, I'd like to see him be given a testimonial - doing so would be a positive gesture and give us all a chance to thank him. Does anyone know whether this is being actively considered?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re: Taking the Mickey

Post by OUFC4eva »

Taking the Mickey - like the thread title!

Very apt.