London Welsh return to....umm....London....

Anything yellow and blue
Post Reply
Roo
Mid-life Crisis
Posts: 729
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:16 pm

London Welsh return to....umm....London....

Post by Roo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:36 pm


Snake
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4376
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: London Welsh return to....umm....London....

Post by Snake » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:02 pm

With a bit of luck Uncle Firoz will have fleeced them on their contract buy out and put a bit of that dosh towards the pitch they ruined. Well, ok, the first bit is probably true. He might even have managed to sue them for bringing the name of his stadium into disrepute – certainly had good grounds for a decent out of court secret settlement.

As for London, (who are not Welsh) then for the last 3 years as the song goes “It’s nice to know you’re here, it’s nice to know your here, now f*** off”.

This close season is just getting better and better.

Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git
Posts: 2899
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 5:16 pm

Re: London Welsh return to....umm....London....

Post by Kernow Yellow » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:18 pm

Snake wrote:With a bit of luck Uncle Firoz will have fleeced them on their contract buy out and put a bit of that dosh towards the pitch they ruined. Well, ok, the first bit is probably true. He might even have managed to sue them for bringing the name of his stadium into disrepute – certainly had good grounds for a decent out of court secret settlement.

As for London, (who are not Welsh) then for the last 3 years as the song goes “It’s nice to know you’re here, it’s nice to know your here, now f*** off”.

This close season is just getting better and better.
Good news. But just because London Welsh have gone doesn't mean we won't have a rugby team sharing our pitch at some point in the future. Especially after someone's just spent all that money on a new dual-use pitch...

Jimski
Mid-life Crisis
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 6:50 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: London Welsh return to....umm....London....

Post by Jimski » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:09 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'm really pleased for Oxford United and the state of our pitch. And I have no interest in rugby whatsoever. But I do feel for anyone who started to support LW after their move to Oxford (there must have been some?) who now see the club disappear from the area. This kind of franchised approach, with teams upping sticks and moving to a completely different area, surely does absolutely no good for anyone.

Snake
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4376
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: London Welsh return to....umm....London....

Post by Snake » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:21 pm

Can’t think of any half-decent eggs prepared to leave their current base, and it’s not wide enough for cricket (now that would have been quite nice in the summer).

Meanwhile, expect an announcement on the ‘Official New York Stock Exchange Internet Forum For Oxford’ something along the lines of :

“Oxford City Football Club, Inc. (OTCQB: OXFC) are actively considering relocating part of its large and rapidly growing sporting portfolio to a very prestigious and virtually brand new state of the art stadium. The move to a 12,500 seater facility has not been ruled out, but details of any discussions cannot be made public for confidentially and legal reasons. Reuters will be immediately informed of any deal if and when it is concluded”

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4424
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: London Welsh return to....umm....London....

Post by Hog » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:54 pm

I wonder if OUFC have made a contribution to paying off the Welsh contract which has given them some kind of exclusivity deal on the use of the stadium?

GodalmingYellow
Senile
Posts: 5178
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:22 am

Re: London Welsh return to....umm....London....

Post by GodalmingYellow » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:01 am

Hurrah. Now we can get back to watching proper football on a proper pitch.

I'm seriously tempted to put some hard earned on us going up.

Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread
Posts: 1596
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 7:17 pm

Re: London Welsh return to....umm....London....

Post by Boogie » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:28 pm

Eggcellant!!

+ What Terry said.

Snake
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4376
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: London Welsh return to....umm....London....

Post by Snake » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:03 pm

GodalmingYellow wrote:I'm seriously tempted to put some hard earned on us going up.
Then get in quick as the odds are shortening - http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... /promotion

p.s. Chelsea are favourites to win the Community Shield so this 3-1 betting offer seems like free money - http://www.betvictor.com/sports/en/chel ... d=90144114

Hog
Grumpy old git
Posts: 4424
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Re: London Welsh return to....umm....London....

Post by Hog » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Yep, I'm feeling confident of a top half finish!

GodalmingYellow
Senile
Posts: 5178
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:22 am

Re: London Welsh return to....umm....London....

Post by GodalmingYellow » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:01 am

Snake wrote:
GodalmingYellow wrote:I'm seriously tempted to put some hard earned on us going up.
Then get in quick as the odds are shortening - http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... /promotion

p.s. Chelsea are favourites to win the Community Shield so this 3-1 betting offer seems like free money - http://www.betvictor.com/sports/en/chel ... d=90144114
Those are very short odds for a 24 horse race.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests