Post by OUFC4eva »

Luton Town announce match day categorisation
and prices.Luton v Oxford is category A @ £22

http://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/article ... 00314.aspx
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: Luton Town v OXFORD

Post by Kernow Yellow »

I enjoy going to Kenilworth Road - unless I've travelled midweek from Cornwall and we concede two goals in injury time. But £22 for that delapidated stand with restricted views and appalling legroom (even when standing up!) is taking the piss.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Kernow Yellow wrote:I enjoy going to Kenilworth Road - unless I've travelled midweek from Cornwall and we concede two goals in injury time. But £22 for that delapidated stand with restricted views and appalling legroom (even when standing up!) is taking the piss.

...plus the petrol money from Conwall and it becomes very expensive.

The U's have been allocated 1,032 tickets in the Oak Road Stand
for this all ticket clash.

Three points would be great. When did we last win at Kenilworth Road?
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Ridiculous - there needs to be an organised boycott.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

tomoufc wrote:Ridiculous - there needs to be an organised boycott.
Really? How much do we charge away fans - the OWS has a price of £22 for an on the day ticket for the North Stand for home fans and so I suspect that is the price we charge away fans as well.

Should we boycott our home games as well in protest at the prices?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

The advance adult price of a ticket in the away end at Stamford Bridge on the opening day of the season is £22.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Snake wrote:The advance adult price of a ticket in the away end at Stamford Bridge on the opening day of the season is £22.
That's the subsidised price.
It's nice that Swansea can afford to give their travelling fans this deal in advance, however the full price tickets are now £50.
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk ... story.html
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Radley Rambler wrote:
Really? How much do we charge away fans - the OWS has a price of £22 for an on the day ticket for the North Stand for home fans and so I suspect that is the price we charge away fans as well.

No - the away fans should boycott our home games at those prices.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

slappy wrote:
Snake wrote:The advance adult price of a ticket in the away end at Stamford Bridge on the opening day of the season is £22.
That's the subsidised price.
It's nice that Swansea can afford to give their travelling fans this deal in advance, however the full price tickets are now £50.
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk ... story.html
Correct, but only now they are on general sale to non-ST or membership holders. Still puts into context the value for money at Luton paying the same price for that joke of a ground, even if a pint outside is cheaper there than down the King's Road :mrgreen:
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

tomoufc wrote:
Radley Rambler wrote:

No - the away fans should boycott our home games at those prices.
Following that logic, so should the majority of non-ST holders. On the day prices at the Kassam as follows:

East Stand - £20
North Stand - £22
SS Lower - £22
SS Upper - £24

So a very clear average of.........£22!

Before we all have a go at Luton Town (well, at least about this topic!) perhaps those who feel that £22 is 'off the scale' should look closer to home.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

No problems with looking closer to home, but should pay on the day be the benchmark? Arguably these prices aren't even pay on the day, since I can buy my reduced rate ticket online on Saturday morning, print it off then use it Saturday afternoon. Clearly it's an incentive to reduce queues.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Oxford have scrapped on the day price rises this season: http://www.oufc.co.uk/news/article/oxfo ... 51579.aspx
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Radley Rambler wrote:
Following that logic, so should the majority of non-ST holders. On the day prices at the Kassam as follows:

East Stand - £20
North Stand - £22
SS Lower - £22
SS Upper - £24

So a very clear average of.........£22!

Before we all have a go at Luton Town (well, at least about this topic!) perhaps those who feel that £22 is 'off the scale' should look closer to home.
Even at your prices using an average is very unfair, OUFC fans at Luton have no choice, if we wish to attend we have to go in the badly converted terrace with poor views, and non-concessions have to pay £22, there's no option for £18 or £20 ticket. It's also worth remembering that we make less money off a ticket than the vast majority of clubs, due to Mr Kassam.

I do think, however, OUFC should try to address away ticket prices as a bigger away following enhances the atmosphere for all fans, perhaps matching the family area prices for away fans would entice a few more in without being unfair to home fans.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Actually, there are concessions for the over 65s at Luton costing £17
Anyway, Snake is starting to annoyt me on this thread. Leave him to the sterile atmosphere at Stamford Bridge. My mate who is a Palace fan paid £55 for the away upper tier at Stamford Bridge last season, so not sure where he is getting this £22 from.
I would much rather be at Kenilworth Road
AMF
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

SWA wrote:Anyway, Snake is starting to annoyt me on this thread. Leave him to the sterile atmosphere at Stamford Bridge. My mate who is a Palace fan paid £55 for the away upper tier at Stamford Bridge last season, so not sure where he is getting this £22 from.
From here and what it says on my ticket - http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article ... 43582.aspx

We'll have to agree to disagree on the atmos in the away end at Chelsea, especially when the away team are winning.