OK Computer

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

OK Computer

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Well I would say the fixtures computer has been unusually kind to us this season.

Home first game, home last game (against Wycombe), home Boxing Day, no long midweek away trips,

Can't expect much better.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: OK Computer

Post by slappy »

GodalmingYellow wrote:Well I would say the fixtures computer has been unusually kind to us this season.

Home first game, home last game (against Wycombe), home Boxing Day, no long midweek away trips,

York and Newport away are on Tuesdays
GodalmingYellow
Senile

slappy wrote:
GodalmingYellow wrote:Well I would say the fixtures computer has been unusually kind to us this season.

York and Newport away are on Tuesdays
Newport isn't all that far. York point taken.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

It could be worse, Carlisle are due travel to Plymouth on a Tuesday.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Don't know about that - as far as I can see it's drawn us against all these crappy League 2 teams again!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Kernow Yellow wrote:
Don't know about that - as far as I can see it's drawn us against all these crappy League 2 teams again!
I know, and it should've been Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich!
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

I would have been happy with Fleetwood, Bury and Rochdale which is a depressing thought!

Actually League 2 used to seem like mainly a league made up of teams from the North (well above Birmingham) and Legaue 1 was more teams from the South - seems to have flipped round quite a lot now and some away trips next season that I'm really looking forward to.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

I knew it. I just knew it. This season I could have walked to our away game at Notts County in 25 minutes - but I am not around. Mansfield is just a 30 minute train journey - but I am not around. Damn and blast it.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

GodalmingYellow wrote:
Kernow Yellow wrote:
I know, and it should've been Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich!
I wasn't being arrogant in my post - I know we're playing in League 2 because we haven't been good enough for many years to be playing at a higher level. It's just that the more we fail to get promotion the less inspiring the same set of fixtures become. Not that I should complain too much - I reckon 4 of my nearest 5 league clubs are in our division now. But a change of scene would be nice (and I don't mean the Conference grounds again).
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I'm hoping the National League computer (okay, Ikea pencil on the back of a fag packet!) is now kind to me with the Oxford City fixtures so that they come to places like Basingstoke, Havant, Gosport etc when United are on long distance away games!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Kernow Yellow wrote: I wasn't being arrogant in my post - I know we're playing in League 2 because we haven't been good enough for many years to be playing at a higher level. It's just that the more we fail to get promotion the less inspiring the same set of fixtures become. Not that I should complain too much - I reckon 4 of my nearest 5 league clubs are in our division now. But a change of scene would be nice (and I don't mean the Conference grounds again).
I know. I was continuing the irony, or trying to anyway! :cry:
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Hog wrote:I'm hoping the National League computer (okay, Ikea pencil on the back of a fag packet!) is now kind to me with the Oxford City fixtures so that they come to places like Basingstoke, Havant, Gosport etc when United are on long distance away games!
You'll be catching Snake up on number of clubs supported soon! lol
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I know the Conference work these things out at the last moment with an Ikea pencil on the back of a fag packet but you'd think they'd try to help out their member clubs. Four out of the first five City home games plus Boxing Day all clash with United home matches.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Careful Hog, some people don’t appreciate the fact that you can lend your support to more than one football club. Whatever you do don’t mention anything about any minor non-league club on your doorstep in Hampshire that you might check on their results now and again..