Beesy peasy

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Beesy peasy

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Away to Brentford in "our" cup first round.

Very tricky tie, but I always enjoy trips to Griffin Park. Shame they are not in their new ground yet as that would have been another new ground ticked off.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Beesy peasy

Post by theox »

Having reminded myself of the details of Brentford's ground on the excellent Football Grounds website, I note it says that their new ground, when complete, could also be the home for London Welsh.

I wonder if this is new or old news?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Could not have wished for a more difficult tie!

I have not been to Griffin Park since Steve Anthrobus was booed on to the pitch
as a sub in an Auto Windscreen cup tie in 2000 if my memory
serves me correctly.

Griffin Park is a graveyard for Oxford United teams over the past 25 years.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Get in! A last chance to visit Griffin Park before they knock it down. Our record there might be terrible, but it's a proper ground with a covered terrace for away fans and a pub on each corner. One of my favourite away grounds in fact. I've been hoping for another game there ever since they announced they were moving. Now to try and get out of Cornwall for it midweek!

We should take plenty there too - an easy trip from Oxford and our younger fans won't have been before.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

This will be a new ground for me, just one change on the train, and probably my first and last visit to Griffin Park.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

I reckon I've seen us 7 or 8 times there, maybe more, and we've lost every time, and the only goal I've ever 'celebrated' was Steve Anthrobus's scant consolation effort in a 4-1 defeat.

I've also seen Hull City there twice. Both times, the Bloody Tigers lost without scoring a goal, once when they were celebrating promotion.

This is so beyond a bogey ground. We'd probably have a better record at the Nou Camp. Surely, just surely, once I'll see us win there?
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

http://www.rageonline.co.uk/mainpage/fi ... 005-10-18/

Did this actually happen or is it a glitch in the Rage On matrix? I have no recollection of this at all. Safe to say I wasn't there.
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Ancient Colin wrote:Apparently so ...
Hardly surprising we won that - the 2nd most attacking player on the list for Brentford was Eddie Hutchinson!!