New season tickets

Anything yellow and blue
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

New season tickets

Post by A-Ro »

Are we expecting letters regarding the purchase of new season tickets? Only I haven't had one yet and it feels like its getting a bit late.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re: New season tickets

Post by Hog »

I had my letter about a month ago (but no email).
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I'm home now and checked my letter - it is not dated but basically you have until Weds 10 June to secure your current seat or it will be released for general sale.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

The time to start panicking is when you don’t get your swipe card until a few days before the first game, and because it’s a Ticketmaster job then it’s probably the new system OUFC are getting rather than the old one that’s been used at Prem ground for a few years now. The old system mainly used at the top tier means you stick it in a slot and the expensive turnstile opens automatically - the new one means you still have an operator behind the cage who manually scans in your barcode with a red line beam thingy then lets you in so long as the computer doesn’t say ‘no’. The latest and more economical version is still beset with teething problems so don’t leave it until the last few minutes to get in the queue is my advice.

In partic at the first home game of the season.
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

From the description provided by the lady in the ticket office when I renewed my ST, it is the hand-held scanner model.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Then expect problems.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

They've had the scanner model at Newport for a while now, and I've been quite impressed. The advantage for me is the print-at-home tickets, which saves postage costs, tickets getting lost in the post or even not posted at all. Can't remember off the top of my head whether it's Ticketmaster behind it though.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

It was a ‘mare at the Liberty when it went in last season, and even when “sorted out” a few weeks later until the present day there is still a 10 minute queue to get in instead of the usual 30 seconds or so.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk ... story.html
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I went up today and renewed my ticket, I asked about the letters and was told they only sent out emails, which is clearly not the case judging from earlier replies and that was also of no help to me as they only have my old email address and despite contacting the club with my new address I was told that the club have no access to the database where the email addresses are held. This again is clearly not true because the girl in the ticket office changed it there and then.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Kairdiff Exile wrote:The advantage for me is the print-at-home tickets, which saves postage costs
You'd certainly hope that's the case. However I went to a gig a few weeks ago for which I was charged £2.50 for the convenience of printing my tickets at home (it would have been £1.50 to pick them up at the box office). That was Ticketmaster too I think. Let's hope OUFC take a more sensible approach to booking fees...
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Ticketmaster’s usual footie rates are £2.50 for home printing (make sure your printer is decent otherwise you’ll have trouble with the scanner on the gate) or £3.00 if you want them in the post. Oh, and 2% is added if paying by credit rather than debit card. No idea how much to pick them up from the club.

And don’t lose or damage your ST card as a replacement is £20.