End of season

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re: End of season

Post by Snake »

Kernow Yellow wrote:
Snake wrote:other than the gaff from my MP in Witney when he forgot the name of the team he purports to support. West Ham, Aston Villa, easy mistake to make eh?
What an idiot. The funniest thing I've heard all election campaign. Though surely you of all people can empathise with forgetting which team to support Snake? :lol:

Oh, and in answer to your original question, the Lib Dems manifesto includes support for safe standing areas in all divisions
What a load of nothingness from Plaid Cymru about football. I’m glad they were not on the ticket I duly filled in this morning at my village hall.

Moving on....

Sam Ricketts (former player for Us and Swansea) scores for Them.
The Enforcer
Brat

Post by The Enforcer »

After the chaos of the close-season to 2014/15, I was expecting OUFC to be involved in a relegation scrap all season. The fact that we managed to gradually claw our way out of trouble as the season progressed to end up in a mid-table position was for me something of a pleasant surprise. Overall, I guess the form could be best described as inconsistent, with the worst run of results at the very beginning and the best at the very end. I guess some credit has to be given to the board by sticking with Appleton, when many rival clubs changed manager and continued to struggle or saw their results worsen. In contrast, by ending on a good run, there is now more optimism about OUFC's prospects for the forthcoming campaign than there was at this time last season. I echo concerns about the number of players used and in particular the fact that many of the original signings were not successful (Brown/Morris/Riley etc). However, the average reliability of signings seemed to increase as the season developed, which suggests that the club had in place the means to identify better players and these were being snapped up as they became available. Despite the influx of scattergun signings, it was notable that more home developed players were in contention for first team places than has been the case for many seasons (Roberts was deserving of more football, mind).
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

Would agree with all of this.

Although there were failures (Brown being one of the most obvious), at least MApp / MAsh bit the bullet and got shot.

I think two things curtailed Roberts's appearance towards the end of the season: his hamstring injuries (and what the medical staff said about how to prevent them in the future), and the fact that, rightly or wrongly, MApp wanted to use the end of the season as an extended trial. As a consequence, we have signed Roofe, but not Vassell.