Happy Milk Cup Day....!

Anything yellow and blue
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Happy Milk Cup Day....!

Post by Roo »

I cannot believe its TWENTY NINE years ago!
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Happy Milk Cup Day....!

Post by Old Abingdonian »

Aaargh! (He said articulately).

The oddest thing about the day was how abjectly QPR surrendered. The result did not feel in doubt.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Old Abingdonian wrote:Aaargh! (He said articulately).

The oddest thing about the day was how abjectly QPR surrendered. The result did not feel in doubt.
Really? I wasn't comfortable until the third went in. I fact I felt most uncomfortable when they bought on Leroy Rosenior for Martin Allen as I thought he had the ability to turn it round for them, turns out I was wrong.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

A-Ro wrote:
Old Abingdonian wrote:Aaargh! (He said articulately).

Really? I wasn't comfortable until the third went in. I fact I felt most uncomfortable when they bought on Leroy Rosenior for Martin Allen as I thought he had the ability to turn it round for them, turns out I was wrong.
Me too. The whole thing was stressy until the 3rd goal went in.

For me just getting there was a ‘mare and I only got into the Stadium 10 minutes before kick off. The London Marathon was on at the same day and the traffic was awful.

But yes, it doesn’t seem like 29 years ago...
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

I remember being terrified and convinced it was going to turn to dust until the third goal went in and I think most of those around me felt much the same. My then Gooner girlfriend* couldn't understand why I was so stressed and thought we were comfortably in control, mind ... She wasn't so relaxed the following year's final.

(* I mean she was my girlfriend then, I imagine she's still a Gooner)
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

The memories have outlived the Quarry Gate, where I celebrated long into the night. The QG is now an empty space. Worth remembering that 1986 was before 'flexible licensing hours' - I recall lurching out of the pub quite late (with Mrs AW and my Dad) and saw a Police car outside : with all the dignity I could muster, I suggested to the cops that they 'might as well go home' and a few moments later, they did.