Abyss

Anything yellow and blue
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Abyss

Post by ty cobb »

With a £1.6m loss until last June, tied into a stadium arrangement that hughly hinders us (holes in the pitch - you can't make this up) and a load of old crap on the pitch, which is resulting in lower and lower crowds what is the answer?

Spending more money (as we have this season) does not lead to success but does lead to increased debts, spending less money is likely to result in a poorer league position and lower crowds, unless we get a better manager in, however, seems little chance of that.

Can someone cheer me up and point out some rays of light about supporting OUFC - the kids coming through this season has been one but even they have gone off the boil of late.
neilw
Puberty

Re: Abyss

Post by neilw »

On the evidence to date, DE, MAsh & MApp have collectively proved themselves to be incompetent. There is little to suggest that, together, they have the ability to address the many issues that are now becoming critical. If we continue in to next season with a similar approach from MAsh & MApp, I too genuinely fear for our future. There appears to be an air of denial, arrogance and acceptance of mediocrity.

DE appears naïve, like he thought this venture would be an expensive fun hobby. He's been taken in by MAsh and MApp, whom have taken the piss. He's out of his league and fills me with little confidence that he has a handle on the situation. He may well have good intentions, but that's about the extent of it, and him, it appears.

MAsh believes he can talk his way in to achievement through throwing around a few positive clichés and false promises, whilst being carefree with someone else's money. Is there any substance there? I'm not so sure. And as for MApp; he's a youth team coach, at best. He is lacking in ambition, setting too low a standard and incompetent as a manager of a league 2 side. He will be out of a job before 2016 and will never manage again. Unfortunately, it appears as though he will be given another six months to further prove his incompetence.