Oh goodie, another striker!

Anything yellow and blue
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Oh goodie, another striker!

Post by Dr Bob »

We really struggled to beat a very poor side. On the other hand, one of the sides below us really is very poor. Two great goals and three points is a good way to mark the end of such a winter of discontent (well, it has been the big news item here in the East Midlands over the last week). I have a hunch we might be OK. Enough already...
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

If nothing else, relegation seems pretty unlikely now - 8 points clear with 7 to go is enough of a buffer I think.

Fair play to the new lad, it was a cracking goal, and to be honest, with a little bit more luck we could have had a truckful. One swallow does not make a summer though.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

And I know some people wonder how much the new players care about the club - well it sure looked like it meant something to Hoban:

Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

Serious (non-rhetorical) question: when did we last score a better technical goal than Hoban's on Saturday?
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Old Abingdonian wrote:Serious (non-rhetorical) question: when did we last score a better technical goal than Hoban's on Saturday?
...from open play - there have been a few free-kicks which I would count as 'technical'...
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Great pic.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Hoban will probably score at Wycombe this Good Friday where tickets
appear to be selling like hot cakes for this all ticket clash.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

OUFC4eva wrote:Hoban will probably score at Wycombe this Good Friday where tickets
appear to be selling like hot cakes for this all ticket clash.
Would be nice if having broken his duck, he averages 2 a game for the rest of the season.

About the only solace we can cling on to is the slim chance of overtaking Wilder......
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Old Abingdonian wrote:Serious (non-rhetorical) question: when did we last score a better technical goal than Hoban's on Saturday?
Mmm, is Roofe so one-footed that when he's playing on the left he has to cross with the outside of his right boot? :D
The Enforcer
Brat

Post by The Enforcer »

Must be about time for another 'loan ranger' to join the squad?
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

The Enforcer wrote:Must be about time for another 'loan ranger' to join the squad?
The loan transfer window closed last Thursday. I wonder how MAPP is coping with going cold turkey.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Dr Bob wrote:
The Enforcer wrote:Must be about time for another 'loan ranger' to join the squad?
The loan transfer window closed last Thursday. I wonder how MAPP is coping with going cold turkey.
Maybe he's focussing on the football for a change which has resulted in a win.

Does anyone know how the players used list for the first team compares with other seasons? I've never known a season like it especially as half the players brought in have been either not used at all or discarded after a couple of games.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

ty cobb wrote:
Dr Bob wrote:
Maybe he's focussing on the football for a change which has resulted in a win.

Does anyone know how the players used list for the first team compares with other seasons? I've never known a season like it especially as half the players brought in have been either not used at all or discarded after a couple of games.
All the answers here, of course!

http://www.rageonline.co.uk/mainpage/se ... ppearances
The Enforcer
Brat

Post by The Enforcer »

Dr Bob wrote:
OK, how about a 'free ranger' then?
The Enforcer
Brat

Post by The Enforcer »

Snake wrote:
ty cobb wrote:
All the answers here, of course!

http://www.rageonline.co.uk/mainpage/se ... ppearances
From that, it appears that our only regular players are Clarke, Collins, Hylton, Mullins and Wright - only one of which is an Appleton signing.