Oh goodie, another striker!

Anything yellow and blue
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Oh goodie, another striker!

Post by joepoolman »

http://www.oufc.co.uk/news/article/oxfo ... 60325.aspx

Morris, Hylton, Hoskins, Roberts, Barnett, Hoban, Gnanduillet and now Vassell as well. Have I missed any?

It may also be argued that Jakubiak and Roofe could go in there too, and I guess we'll never know what position Rasulo was meant to be.

Still, all the best Kyle!

Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Oh goodie, another striker!

Post by Jimski »

Well those people who questioned the worth of signing Rasulo and Gnanduillet were certainly proved right anyway!
Last edited by Jimski on Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

joepoolman wrote: Morris, Hylton, Hoskins, Roberts, Barnett, Hoban, Gnanduillet and now Vassell as well. Have I missed any?
I missed Campbell!
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Post by Dartford Ox »

joepoolman wrote:http://www.oufc.co.uk/news/article/oxfo ... 60325.aspx

Morris, Hylton, Hoskins, Roberts, Barnett, Hoban, Gnanduillet and now Vassell as well. Have I missed any?

It may also be argued that Jakubiak and Roofe could go in there too, and I guess we'll never know what position Rasulo was meant to be.

Still, all the best Kyle!

Possibly. Or more to the point I believe Oxford have missed somebody.

In our pre-season friendly at Farnborough we gave a trial to a guy called Gozie Ugwu - just released by Reading Academy. He is Oxfordshire born and bred. It really was a delight to see the Number 9 shirt being worn by somebody who could control the ball with his first touch. His jumped well and did quite a few flick ons - albeit he wan't particulary well supported by Marsh and Sharma.

He joined struggling L1 Yeovil in January and has scored 4 in 14. I believe we could do with somebody of his physique and skill right now.

But back to the point - good luck Kyle Vassell. We need it.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

I don't believe it ... Between them, Appleton and Ashton haven't got a fucking clue what they're doing
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

At least it is one in and two out. But what the hell was the, ahem, thinking behind signing Gnanduillet and Rasulo in the first place...

And given that, from Joe's initial list, Barnett, Morris and Jakubiak have gone as well, do they bother to do any scouting and prep work at all? What a joke.

On the other hand, if they carry on like this, surely they will eventually find someone who can hit a cow's arse with a banjo.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Vassell is a good player - better than Barnett in my view.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Well let's see what he's like, fingers crossed. If it was easy to grab top goalscorers on loan every team would be top of the league
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

What are you complaining about? We need to win more games. You win games by scoring goals. Strikers are supposed to score goals. Therefore more strrikers equals more wins #appletonlogic
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I'm not going to slate a player I've not seen play, but Tippy Tappletonis having a laugh with Eales' money.

I really don't believe Appleton has a clue about what is needed, or who might fit in. I seriously reckon he's working on the basis of signing enough players must mean one of them will turn out to be ok.

Managerially, this has been one of the worst seasons since Kemp.
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

I would have said the worst since Bill Asprey.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Don't forget Talbot! The man who let all our best players go halfway through out most disastrous ever League season.

Did I detect in Mark Ashton's email yesterday a hint that Appleton is not as safe as some have assumed? He said that we must show 'unwavering unity' during this time of challenge and adversity but that they are committed first and foremost to deliver success on the pitch. Quite right too, and an impressively worded email for a former footballer :lol: Unless Pussy Kelner and his PR team actually write the communications...

Anyway, no particular problem with the signing of Vassell - a striker who has actually played games and scored goals at L1 level. I really like Hoban's build-up play but 13 games or whatever without a goal is not good enough. Truly he is the new Derek Lilley. If we get the crucial win tomorrow I'd really like to see Roberts given as many starts as possible once the pressure's off though. In fact I don't understand why he's not getting picked now. The lad scores goals doesn't he?

The introductions of Rasulo and Balmy were as pointless as predicted. But it could be argued that Roofe has worked out ok, so the scattergun policy reaps rewards of sorts.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

There's one more trick they could pull - arrange an exchange loan with Eastleigh so that Beano can fire us to safety and clinch the goals coring record while Hoban finds his level and scores the goals that get Eastleigh into the play-offs. Seems obvious to me.
The Enforcer
Brat

Post by The Enforcer »

Scattergun 2-1 Carlisle
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Hog wrote:There's one more trick they could pull - arrange an exchange loan with Eastleigh so that Beano can fire us to safety and clinch the goals coring record while Hoban finds his level and scores the goals that get Eastleigh into the play-offs. Seems obvious to me.
I think each club will be happy with what they've got tonight - I certainly feel a whole lot better for today's result...