Appleton OUT

Anything yellow and blue
Frank
Puberty

Appleton OUT

Post by Frank »

I just had to write it. My banner will say it too at the next game. Fed up with him, doesn't come close!

Of course, being Ashton's chum, he'll be here next season. A big gamble in my opinion.

Won't bore you anymore, your probably bored stiff after watching that game anyway.

COYY
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re: Appleton OUT

Post by Hog »

What he said .

Too embarrassing for words.

I'm not going back to the Conference with him.
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

Thirded.

That is all.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Appleton is clearly in denial. The post match interview was astonishing.

He has to go.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I've just looked on the RadOx site but they don't seem to have the interview on Listen Again yet. I want to check that I heard it correctly the first time! As Jerome said afterwards, it was a good interview. Not by Appleton though.
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

I almost crashed my car when Appleton started blathering on about white noise.

Mind numbingly bad performance. The worst I've seen since Tonbridge Angels away in 2007/8.
The lack of animation being displayed by the management team during the ref's injury break had to be seen to be believed.

I would excuse Baldock from the overall condemnation and to a limited extent Roofe - who should have been on the flank from the start.
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

After that result and interview, there really is no way back for him. He's finished as a manager.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

He has been set a target for the rest of the season. Two games in and it's getting much harder for him - we basically need to win all our remaining home games plus one or two away. And the home games are key, since (as with Wilder) it's the home form that's particularly alienating the punters.

I don't see him achieving that target and will be delighted to see him go at the end of the season if he doesn't. I just hope and pray that he can see us to safety in the meantime, because changing manager now would be madness - you only need to look at last season to see how badly wrong appointing a manager for the last few games of the season can go!
Mr T
Brat

Post by Mr T »

Would be interesting to know what conversations go on behind the scenes. How close is he to the board members? If we survive this season, they may just suggest that Oxford try someone else, allowing him to leave by 'mutual consent', with 'no hard feelings'. If the worst happens, & we enter the Conference, I feel he will jump ship without the need for a little chat... Let's just hope the latter does not occur. It's going to be a tense few weeks
Bring back the black away shirt!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

In that Xmas time interview he did he seemed quite proud of the way he ended his playing career by just walking off the pitch during a Reserve match without a word to anyone, collected his belongings and drove home. For a while yesterday I thought he had done the same thing but then I realised it was him still standing at the front of his technical area doing the sum total of f*** all to motivate HIS team, the team he said he wanted at the start of the season. Michael, anytime you feel like ending your career as head coach let me know and I'll hold the doors open and give you a piggy back all the way to your car. in fact you can have my car if it helps.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Hey you loved him after Bury. However if the rumour about Darren Ferguson is true ...
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Another fine interview

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/oxfor ... e_critics/

He'll be told to button it. He has really opened up a can of worms this week. Anyway let's hope Darren Ferguson is an option. That would solve some short-term worries like season ticket sales and he work under a similar management structure at The Posh.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Eric Pollard wrote:I almost crashed my car when Appleton started blathering on about white noise.
Three things annoyed me about the bit of that interview that I heard. Firstly the White Noise comment as already mentioned. If he believes that all that displeasure, annoyance and anger that was expressed was nothing more than white noise then he obviously has a complete disregard for the club and its supporters, for that he should be made to apologise at the very least. He should be made to understand that all of this anger is purely down to him and his team.

The second was his comments about substituting Callum O'Dowda; Appleton said it was because he was shattered. I'm sorry I'm not buying that; a man who works twelve to fourteen hour shifts, six days a week has a right to say he is shattered not a young, supposedly fit lad who is asked to run a bit for ninety minutes twice a week. If he was unwell and was shattered as a result of that then he should not have been played, that would be the fault of the management team. If he was shattered as a result of not being fit enough then that again is the fault of the management team. Anything other than that there is no excuse and he should not have been taken off, the team is woefully short of pace players and taking off the only real attacking threat we had is criminal.

The third one was really quite baffling, when he was speaking about bringing on that awful French bloke up front he said something like he wanted to bring something different to the front line and with that sort of game there was every chance the ball would just hit him and go in. If that is a demonstration of his tactical nous then we really have got to be worried.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Brahma Bull wrote:Another fine interview

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/oxfor ... e_critics/

He'll be told to button it. He has really opened up a can of worms this week. Anyway let's hope Darren Ferguson is an option. That would solve some short-term worries like season ticket sales and he work under a similar management structure at The Posh.
From my reading of it he’s just told you to button it, and the thousands of others who still turn up.

Remarkable. And spoken by a man who clearly thinks he’s unsackable.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Werthers Original wrote:However if the rumour about Darren Ferguson is true ...
For those of us who don't read the Other Side, could someone summarise what the rumours about Darren Ferguson are?